John Fulkerson - Redshirt?

longrobe

When do we officially hear that Fulkerson is going to redshirt..? hope that he is coming back as a Freshman!

When do we officially hear that Fulkerson is going to redshirt..? hope that he is coming back as a Freshman!

The season has to end first. Then TN has to prepare an appeal for a medical hardship waiver and present it to the SEC office. Then they have to wait for the ruling by the SEC.

The season has to end first. Then TN has to prepare an appeal for a medical hardship waiver and present it to the SEC office. Then they have to wait for the ruling by the SEC.

I thought I read that they needed to win a game in the SEC Tournament to have had enough games for him to qualify straight up based on the percentage of games he played in? Don't remember the percentage. Maybe less that 30%?

I thought I read that they needed to win a game in the SEC Tournament to have had enough games for him to qualify straight up based on the percentage of games he played in? Don't remember the percentage. Maybe less that 30%?

Games played in the post season are irrelevant here.

Done deal

I like the fact that we will have four more years of Fulkerson. After his first 10 games, that experience will definitely help the team. Its like we are getting a top Freshman recruit who already knows what playing in college is like. He played against Wisconsin, Baylor and North Carolina.

He played in 10 of 31 games.

No, he was being a smart ass.

1-png.5634

Reactions: 1 person
Games played in the post season are irrelevant here.

Found what I read:

Tennessee freshman John Fulkerson likely out for season

"Barnes was asked about the possibility of Fulkerson being granted a medical hardship redshirt from the NCAA, which by rule requires an athlete playing in less than 30 percent of his team's games. The Vols are guaranteed 32 games this season — 31 regular-season games and at least one game in the SEC tournament — and Fulkerson has played in 10."

Reactions: 1 person
I like the fact that we will have four more years of Fulkerson. After his first 10 games, that experience will definitely help the team. Its like we are getting a top Freshman recruit who already knows what playing in college is like. He played against Wisconsin, Baylor and North Carolina.

Did we beat Baylor?

Apparently.

I'll summarize it for you:

Me: Has Fulkerson played too much to be able to get another Freshman year?

Me: Nevermind, I researched it and he's within the NCAA's 30% rule.

Me: Wait a minute. The NCAA rules also say that the injury must be debilitating AND season ending.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He gets his year back.

Me: But if his dislocated elbow heals quickly it's not necessarily a "season ending" injury.

Agitators: It doesn't matter. He just has to say it still hurts.

Me: But there are three months left. How long would dislocated elbows take to heal?

Agitators: It doesn't matter. If he doesn't play in another game he gets his freshman year do over.

Me: Then why does the NCAA even have it as a rule that the injury must be season ending?

Agitators: It doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back