Lew Evans Appreciation Thread

VolnJC

Coach Barnes said that if Lew helped us win one game then the cost of his 1 year scholy was worth it. Well today we don't win without his career high 15 points. Nice that he got player of the game on Senior day.

Reactions: 9 people
Yeah he was playing with some major confidence down the stretch. 2 HUGE 3 point buckets and defensive plays in the final minutes

Reactions: 2 people
Vastly underrated by the fanbase. Takes a lot of crap but still gives his best each game despite not being very talented.

Reactions: 3 people
Every team needs a Lew Evans, and what makes him even more valuable is that he knows his role and embraced it. You never saw him pouting about his shots or playing time. He came and and did what was asked of him, and when we needed him, he stepped up and won us a game. I hope we have another team-first, unselfish scrapper ready to assume his role.

Reactions: 7 people
Thanks Lew. Hopefully some of the younger guys learned a few things from him in his short time at UT.

You gotta love a guy like Lew...he does the dirty work that every team needs someone to do and he busts his ass every game to contribute in some way. Really happy with his POG selection! :)

LLLEEEEEWWWWWWW!

Every team needs a Lew Evans, and what makes him even more valuable is that he knows his role and embraced it. You never saw him pouting about his shots or playing time. He came and and did what was asked of him, and when we needed him, he stepped up and won us a game. I hope we have another team-first, unselfish scrapper ready to assume his role.

I agree. Although he is more talented than Lew, I think Fulk is that guy going forward. Hope so anyway.

Although he has a bigger role with the team, I feel like Admiral has the same mentality as Lew.

He didn't at the beginning of the year but he has grown to embrace it.

If anything he has been overrated.

Great game today though. We lose without him. Big senior day.

How was he overrated? No one, myself included, expected him to be a superstar. He filled his role as the dirty worker and filled it well. If anyone is disappointed in what he's done as a Vol it's because you had unrealistic expectations of the guy.

Reactions: 1 person
You thought that not me. I don't know why he was so overrated. We had LEWWWW! chants and threads about him. His play didn't warrant the attention or status as a "fan favorite".

There were threads about how bad he was by guys like yourself. That's about it. And you're really going to tell students to not yell and cheer for one of their peers who gave as much effort and his body, which was more than most of the better players, as he did?

There have been some "Overrated" players but Evans is not one. Not even close to being the most gifted or talented, a step slow on D, but worked his ass off when he got minutes.
Still trying to wrap my head around the minutes Turner gets and Bone doesn't, but that is for another thread I guess.

How was he overrated? No one, myself included, expected him to be a superstar. He filled his role as the dirty worker and filled it well. If anyone is disappointed in what he's done as a Vol it's because you had unrealistic expectations of the guy.

He somehow has been called a "fan favorite" despite not being the player that is the best at anything or being the hardest worker/biggest hustler.

There were threads about how bad he was by guys like yourself. That's about it. And you're really going to tell students to not yell and cheer for one of their peers who gave as much effort and his body, which was more than most of the better players, as he did?

Gotta agree with k-town on this one. Lew gets extra love because he's the token white guy. No one is discrediting everything Lew has done for us, but if you go to TBA, Lew hitting a 3 or taking a charge gets the place more riled up than an amazing play by any other player on the team. Same thing happened with McBee and SFP.

Gotta agree with k-town on this one. Lew gets extra love because he's the token white guy. No one is discrediting everything Lew has done for us, but if you go to TBA, Lew hitting a 3 or taking a charge gets the place more riled up than an amazing play by any other player on the team. Same thing happened with McBee and SFP.
So we like lew because he's white? Huh, we might be racist after all :) jkjk

Maybe they understand his limitations, and love it when a guy does more than is expected?

And I wouldn't say more, because a massive slam from Schofield or Williams (if he dunks instead of lays it in) gets it rowdier than those things. I think it's just timing because he'll do those things during garbage stretches and it's really the only thing to cheer for.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back