Vols agree to home and home with wake forest

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Vols Agree to Series with Wake Forest - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

attachment.php

Reactions: 1 person
If we want North Carolina to be a pivotal recruiting hotspot, this move could reinforce that ideology.

One thing I find interesting is that we seemingly haven't scheduled against a Big 10 OR Big 12 conference opponent in quite some time. In fact, it seems like we only schedule against ACC teams and mid majors. Just a random thought.

If we want North Carolina to be a pivotal recruiting hotspot, this move could reinforce that ideology.

One thing I find interesting is that we seemingly haven't scheduled against a Big 10 OR Big 12 conference opponent in quite some time. In fact, it seems like we only schedule against ACC teams and mid majors. Just a random thought.

I dont see the Big 10 or 12 to be a strong recruiting base for Tennessee.
Additionally we see some of those team in preseason tourney.
Speaking of Preseason tourneys, I would like to see those scaled down. It appears Barnes teams are mirroring Pearls teams. fading down the streatch. It might help the RPI but if you continually loose to those teams at the end of the year what do you have to show?

We've done the Big 12/SEC Challenge 3 years in a row; unless you're meaning scheduling one in addition to that.

Well we have played a home and away series with Oklahoma, and will play a neutral site game with West Virginia in Charlotte. And before the Battle of Bristol fell into place, weren't we suppose to play Nebraska? So, they have been scheduling Big 12 teams, maybe you need to drink less on those weekends?

As to the Big 10, who knows? Since Nebraska is there now, I think it is still suppose to be rescheduled. We have handled the bowl games against them well, so maybe the rest don't want anything to do with Tennessee.

I think playing mid majors is boring as Hell. But as long as everyone else schedules cupcake parties, Tennessee will follow suit. I fully expect somebody to justify playing the Boy Scout All-Stars, or a Beauty College team before someone finally gets those games aren't really worth watching.

Edit:

DUH, just noticed this is not football, but basketball. My bad.

Last edited:
Well we have played a home and away series with Oklahoma, and will play a neutral site game with West Virginia in Charlotte. And before the Battle of Bristol fell into place, weren't we suppose to play Nebraska? So, they have been scheduling Big 12 teams, maybe you need to drink less on those weekends?

As to the Big 10, who knows? Since Nebraska is there now, I think it is still suppose to be rescheduled. We have handled the bowl games against them well, so maybe the rest don't want anything to do with Tennessee.

I think playing mid majors is boring as Hell. But as long as everyone else schedules cupcake parties, Tennessee will follow suit. I fully expect somebody to justify playing the Boy Scout All-Stars, or a Beauty College team before someone finally gets those games aren't really worth watching.

Edit:

DUH, just noticed this is not football, but basketball. My bad

Maybe you need to drink less while posting.

The ACC is the best basketball conference and I like this move because Wake Forest has had good players like Chris Paul and Tim Duncan as well as solid coaches like Skip Prosser and Bob Staak. UT has a chance to play 4 ACC teams next season if they meet North Carolina State in the Atlantis tournament.

As long as CRB is at UT, I think there will be at least one game against ACC teams on the schedule every season.

VN Store

Back