Expectations for Vols were ZILCH this season.......

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
These guys play their hearts out and the coach has lost his team some games, the focus wasn't there, but what they have accomplished thus far is pretty incedible. Agree?

Reactions: 9 people
There are three bad stretches. Lost 3 of the first 4 at the start. Lost 4 of 5 at the first of January. Lost 5 of the last 7. Still need to grab a few more wins.

Reactions: 1 person
These guys play their hearts out and the coach has lost his team some games, the focus wasn't there, but what they have accomplished thus far is pretty incedible. Agree?

Coach has had nothing to do with us losing these games. Not having Mostella because he prefers the weed and Bowden because of Pneumonia is why we have lost some games. We have no outside shooting without those two. And our point guards are playing like Div.II guards.

Reactions: 3 people

Any season where you don't make the tournament is a failure.

But making the NIT is the next step moving forward. If they make the NIT.

More concerning is how the PG are developing. It's not good

Reactions: 2 people
damn skippy...I agree...weren't we picked 13th?...I know we've played badly at times, but, again, at times...lights out...not blaming anyone or anything...there are games still to be played, and,

GO VOLS!

There was some excitement, off and on, this year, but I give no credit whatsoever for doing better than 13th in the SEC.

Yeah we getting a way better product than what the projections called for. Throw in the adversity of Fulkerson, Mostella and Admiral being in doghouse and Bowden's illness. How we finish in middle of pack of SEC is incredible.

Yeah we getting a way better product than what the projections called for. Throw in the adversity of Fulkerson, Mostella and Admiral being in doghouse and Bowden's illness. How we finish in middle of pack of SEC is incredible.

Imagine what he might be as to do if he decides to recruit talented basketball players vs athletes that need to be developed. You know....Kids who can shoot, dribble and pass the ball vs guys who can just jump and dunk.

We need to win a couple of more games and get to the NIT. These guys have done well and have been a joy to watch.

Agree but it hurts when you lose games that you were dominating and don't take advantage of the situation.

Coach is just a bit too comfortable in losing. I don't see a sense of urgency.

I'd like to see a coach approach each game scratching and clawing to get a win to show everyone he wants/deserves to keep his job.

Maybe he's coached so many games that the next game is not all that important to him. It's just one in a continuum.

You win some, you lose some. The next game is not that important in the grand scheme.

Agree. Certainly some disappointing games and moments, but they've already exceeded preseason expectations which, as you said, were less than minimal. I honestly thought they'd win maybe 12-13 games this year.

Last edited:
UT was picked to finish 13th in the conference.
From what I've seen lately, Barnes and the boys in Orange are trying to make that happen.

I didn't have high expectations for the team, but it was sad to watch our guys blow 5-6 games within the last 3:00 minutes of those games.

Sure, youth and lack of go to players have hurt us, but I figured they learned their lesson at UNC. Or against UArk, or against Ole Miss. Or against MSU. But who's counting?

Coach is just a bit too comfortable in losing. I don't see a sense of urgency.

I'd like to see a coach approach each game scratching and clawing to get a win to show everyone he wants/deserves to keep his job.

Maybe he's coached so many games that the next game is not all that important to him. It's just one in a continuum.

You win some, you lose some. The next game is not that important in the grand scheme.

Holy mother of armchair psychology

That's mathematically impossible, so nice call.

Quibbling over if we finish last or middle of the pack only underscores the acceptance of mediocrity in our program.

I said it at the start of the season and I'll say it again. Energy. Discipline. Hustle. Those three things can make up for talent.

We've seen it inconsistently this year.

Looking into the future I'm uninspired. We are recruiting at or below Donnie Tyndells status. Rick Barnes has a pedigree of NBA players. Why can't that translate into a rebuild here? Where's the fire and urgency in recruiting?

Quibbling over if we finish last or middle of the pack only underscores the acceptance of mediocrity in our program.

I said it at the start of the season and I'll say it again. Energy. Discipline. Hustle. Those three things can make up for talent.

We've seen it inconsistently this year.

Looking into the future I'm uninspired. We are recruiting at or below Donnie Tyndells status. Rick Barnes has a pedigree of NBA players. Why can't that translate into a rebuild here? Where's the fire and urgency in recruiting?

There's one open scholarship in 2017 and there's strong indications that Yves Pons will take that one. There are no scholarships open in 2018. So I'm not sure what kind of fire and urgency is necessary. But they are recruiting the 2018 PG out of Nashville just in case there's an opening.

There's one open scholarship in 2017 and there's strong indications that Yves Pons will take that one. There are no scholarships open in 2018. So I'm not sure what kind of fire and urgency is necessary. But they are recruiting the 2018 PG out of Nashville just in case there's an opening.

Recruit over players. Happens all the time.

Competition is a goood thing.

I read some predictions but nothing said we were suppose to surprise this year. I feel like we were in games early that wasn't even suppose to be close. As a matter of fact I would only scan them when home in front of the TV to find out we had a chance. I am excited for the last of this season and look forward to next.

Also excited to see if CRB now starts getting some higher ranked recruits attention.

VN Store

Back