Barnes Lied

doctorchoice

Life Long Fan
He said we would run the seven second offense. We never run, we're almost never aggressive and our entire offense seems to be based on throwing the ball into the small forward. Why did Barnes say we would run the seven second offense?

You must have players who can run it. Our best option is in the post since we cannot shoot the ball. And furthermore we run a seven second offense. That's usually how long we have it before a perimeter player turns it over or how much time is left on the shot clock before we wake up and remember that there is a rim with a net on it that the ball is supposed to go threw.

Reactions: 2 people
He said we would run the seven second offense. We never run, we're almost never aggressive and our entire offense seems to be based on throwing the ball into the small forward. Why did Barnes say we would run the seven second offense?

Clearly it worked so well with Phillips constantly running into 2 defenders, getting his shot blocked or just simply losing the ball over and over again when he wasn't passing it.

You must have players who can run it. Our best option is in the post since we cannot shoot the ball. And furthermore we run a seven second offense. That's usually how long we have it before a perimeter player turns it over or how much time is left on the shot clock before we wake up and remember that there is a rim with a net on it that the ball is supposed to go threw.

My question is... how do you have a guard dominant team and not be able to run and shoot?!!

Reactions: 2 people
Williams is a liability in our man defense if we continue to switch. He gets destroyed off the dribble and will fall for a pump fake every time. He has been a nice surprise, but if he is our second best player throughout his four years here, then I'm not sure we will ever get better. He would be a very good complimentary player to a couple of All-SEC performers.

Reactions: 1 person
Williams is a liability in our man defense if we continue to switch. He gets destroyed off the dribble and will fall for a pump fake every time. He has been a nice surprise, but if he is our second best player throughout his four years here, then I'm not sure we will ever get better. He would be a very good complimentary player to a couple of All-SEC performers.

I hate that we just automatically switch 1-5, Vandy abused it. If you're stuck and have to then ok, but our guards done even attempt to fight through it or pursue, they just pass it off which allows a major mismatch every single time and a high percentage look. Idk if we've done it all year, i don't feel like we have but against Vandy it was glaring to me...maybe because they don't have a dominant low post guy that was the strategy.

I hate that we just automatically switch 1-5, Vandy abused it. If you're stuck and have to then ok, but our guards done even attempt to fight through it or pursue, they just pass it off which allows a major mismatch every single time and a high percentage look. Idk if we've done it all year, i don't feel like we have but against Vandy it was glaring to me...maybe because they don't have a dominant low post guy that was the strategy.

Bone on Cornett was kind of comical.

I'm threw with them Vols. We had a chance and they through it all away.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm threw with them Vols. We had a chance and they through it all away.

:banghead2:
Confucious say:

"Becoming the fan of a college sports team is not the path to instant gratification.
But embracing the process is the path to satisfaction and enlightenment."
:zeitung_lesen:

:banghead2:
Confucious say:

"Becoming the fan of a college sports team is not the path to instant gratification.
But embracing the process is the path to satisfaction and enlightenment."
:zeitung_lesen:

I think he was making fun of the other poster.

My question is... how do you have a guard dominant team and not be able to run and shoot?!!

No worries. They're all athletic. That's the key. Can't teach athleticism but watch how Barnes makes them great shooters and passers.

Bleed do you think that over that 2 week losing stretch that teams figured out a way to defend UT? The constant ISO of Grant in the post became easier to defend. Seems as though Bone hit the wall and lost confidence a bit and the perimeter shots just weren't falling. And as all of us could see a front line of 6'4", 6'5" & 6'5" just isn't going to get it done in the SEC. Not to make excuses its just a reality.

Bleed do you think that over that 2 week losing stretch that teams figured out a way to defend UT? The constant ISO of Grant in the post became easier to defend. Seems as though Bone hit the wall and lost confidence a bit and the perimeter shots just weren't falling. And as all of us could see a front line of 6'4", 6'5" & 6'5" just isn't going to get it done in the SEC. Not to make excuses its just a reality.

I think missing Bowden has hurt more than any of us thought it would...

I also saw a very interesting stat about the 2nd time facing opponents, we have struggled big time with that and we've had a few of those rematches the last couple weeks.

Until he gets better players it's not gonna matter what he runs. Roster still has holes in it you can't have and make a run.

Until he gets better players it's not gonna matter what he runs. Roster still has holes in it you can't have and make a run.

6'10"+ guy in the paint is less necessary if the pace is fast. But maybe Alexander will make significant strides in his junior/senior years.

Outside shooting: Bowden won't be a freshman anymore and Johnson comes off of his redshirt. Kent has potential. Turner has shown that he can knock open 3s.

Point guard: three freshmen will be sophomore.

It's not necessarily doom and gloom. However, the next step is to consistently make the NCAAT field. Making runs won't happen until that goal is reached.

Caught.

VN Store

Back