Come on Barnes and staff

EC4VOLS

Team has not been ready to play the last two games. Very disappointing, Boone should be playing heavy minutes at point just for the experience. The season is over now, get these guys minutes. The freshman have hit the wall but it's up to Barnes and staff to get the best out of them!

Team has not been ready to play the last two games. Very disappointing, Boone should be playing heavy minutes at point just for the experience. The season is over now, get these guys minutes. The freshman have hit the wall but it's up to Barnes and staff to get the best out of them!
Not easy to realize, but Barnes has already gotten the most out this team. Over performed for a majority of the season.

Reactions: 6 people
Boone is to busy hunting

Dang that was pretty bad out there today. Credit to usce defense. They could make some noise in the tourney.

If you bet big on the over number of wins at the beginning of the season you would be a very rich man. I think Vegas had it somewhere around 12. Stop looking at things so myopically. Oh, and they're*.

An average coach coaching average or less than average players. They're* not good.

Reactions: 1 person
The argument that a team looks "lethargic" "lazy" or "disinterested" is a pathetic attempt at analyzing sports IMO

An entire squad of young men where basketball has been and is their entire life do not just mail it in for no apparent reason with a tourney bid on the line.

You can say they were underprepared by the coaching staff or perhaps nervous and overwhelmed, but I grow tired of the "disinterested" garbage people mumble.

This isn't directed at anybody here, just crap I've seen around lately

Reactions: 5 people
He use to actively recruit. Not now. Lack of fire.

How do you know he's not actively recruiting the same as always? Maybe highly rated recruits would rather not play at a school that's not expected to make the NCAAT, for a program that was an absolute dumpster fire with three coaches is three years and 4 in 6, and play for a coach that was recently fired.

The argument that a team looks "lethargic" "lazy" or "disinterested" is a pathetic attempt at analyzing sports IMO

An entire squad of young men where basketball has been and is their entire life do not just mail it in for no apparent reason with a tourney bid on the line.

You can say they were underprepared by the coaching staff or perhaps nervous and overwhelmed, but I grow tired of the "disinterested" garbage people mumble.

This isn't directed at anybody here, just crap I've seen around lately

Then what do you call the last 2 games? Disinterested seems pretty spot on. Or maybe they've hit the proverbial wall because they've thrown up 2 sh*t shows in the last 2 games.

He use to actively recruit. Not now. Lack of fire.

If this is him mailing it in then it's impressive. Has a roster of mostly freshmen and sophs and has beaten some good teams andhung with some good teams. Has also laid a few eggs, which happens. He recruits a certain type of player to build a foundation for the future and I'm not sure how anyone with bball knowledge could dispute that it's working. Next year he adds 3 solid players, one who is redshirting, gets Fulkerson back, loses only Evans and Hubbs (as of now). If you don't have confidence in what he's doing then I can't help you. I can direct your attention to Auburn or LSU and their recruiting success, or California's studs players who haven't accomplished much more than this UT team. It's not all about landing star recruits. This guy knows how to build a team and coach. Not going to let 2 weeks of letdowns/exhaustion (injuries/youth catching up with the), change my view on that.

Reactions: 4 people
How do you know he's not actively recruiting the same as always? Maybe highly rated recruits would rather not play at a school that's not expected to make the NCAAT, for a program that was an absolute dumpster fire with three coaches is three years and 4 in 6, and play for a coach that was recently fired.

If he is actively recruiting the situation is worse than I thought. I'm not hopeful of the future under Barnes.

I think is about where we can expect to be next year. We do not have the talent to be in the upper echelons of the league. We continue to recruit undersized guys and don't have much room to take anyone in the next couple of years. The biggest player we have coming in will not even stay inside in HS.

If he is actively recruiting the situation is worse than I thought. I'm not hopeful of the future under Barnes.

I'm pretty certain that they bring as many players to campus as the NCAA permits. As I outlined earlier, there are many strikes against TN landing the highest ranked players. The 6 added last year and the three (assuming Pons signs) this year aren't too bad considering the dumpster fire that the three previous coaches created.

Not easy to realize, but Barnes has already gotten the most out this team. Over performed for a majority of the season.

I agree with this, but now is when it counts. The team has done better than expected, with that said expectations have been raised and the last two games have been garbage. Vanderbilt really bothered me because we didn't change are offense for what they were doing in D and that's coaching or lack there of. I don't write off what Barnes has done for most of the season after two bad games, I just didn't expect this crap. We hadn't gotten blown out all year until recently

Barnes had his signature win at UT when the Vols beat KY this season.
He should have hung up his spurs and ambled off into the sunset after that one.

VN Store

Back