Head Bands

Championships6

I'm indifferent about it, but was wondering if y'all miss the head bands? That was Tennessee's trade mark for many years. Ron Slay to Wayne Chism days it seems.

Many years? I only recall a few players during Pearls tenure wearing headbands. Not saying others havent in the past but I dont think it was a Tennessee thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Many years? I only recall a few players during Pearls tenure wearing headbands. Not saying others havent in the past but I dont think it was a Tennessee thing.

not saying it's a Tennessee thing. Just a lot of players for Tennessee seemed to wear them. I remember some wearing them during the Buzz Peterson days. (Brandon Crump, Ron Slay etc. Just seemed like we always had a lot of head band dudes

not saying it's a Tennessee thing. Just a lot of players for Tennessee seemed to wear them. I remember some wearing them during the Buzz Peterson days. (Brandon Crump, Ron Slay etc. Just seemed like we always had a lot of head band dudes

I remember one game Slay was having a bad game and running down the court towards the UT bench, he ripped it off his head and threw it to the bench.

How was that a Tennessee trademark many players all over the nation use to wear them. I don't know that I really ever see anyone wear headbands anymore.

Stokes rocked one as well. If I'm not mistaken Jajuan Smith occasionally wore one, as did Melvin Goins, Tyler Smith, and Ramar Smith

My experience with headbands....

I told my wife that only players with a couple of screws loose wear headbands. Of course, she showed me pictures of her from her HS basketball and summer league teams with her rocking the headband.

Of course, she ended up marrying me so that may validate my point about headbands

Reactions: 3 people
How was that a Tennessee trademark many players all over the nation use to wear them. I don't know that I really ever see anyone wear headbands anymore.

I can remember Pearl's teams where the whole starting lineup wore them. Most players do not wear them obviously and Tennessee had a lot of players wearing them. I can remember some wearing them during the Jerry Green days. Just really took off with Pearl's teams during his hey day here.

I can remember Pearl's teams where the whole starting lineup wore them. Most players do not wear them obviously and Tennessee had a lot of players wearing them. I can remember some wearing them during the Jerry Green days. Just really took off with Pearl's teams during his hey day here.

You are right about some of pearl's teams. Lofton even wore one for a while, if I'm not mistaken. Was definitely a team thing, despite what some people are saying here.

You are right about some of pearl's teams. Lofton even wore one for a while, if I'm not mistaken. Was definitely a team thing, despite what some people are saying here.

It may have been a group of players on the team that did it, but it wasn't a "team" thing. A team thing is a baseball team making all the players wear the pant legs up, not just some doing it.

It may have been a group of players on the team that did it, but it wasn't a "team" thing. A team thing is a baseball team making all the players wear the pant legs up, not just some doing it.

Getting technical now. You have to admit a lot wore them. Most of the better players did. All the Smiths, Wingate, Lofton, Tobias, Hopson, Ron Slay, Tony Harris, Crump, Hayslip, Yarbrough, Goins, Maze, Chism, Duke Crews so many more. We've had a lot of head band dudes.

I can't speak for sure but, OP, if you wish to wear one at the games, I don't believe there is a rule against it. Who knows? Maybe the players might start wearing them because you do.

Getting technical now. You have to admit a lot wore them. Most of the better players did. All the Smiths, Wingate, Lofton, Tobias, Hopson, Ron Slay, Tony Harris, Crump, Hayslip, Yarbrough, Goins, Maze, Chism, Duke Crews so many more. We've had a lot of head band dudes.

Some players wear them, some don't. Thats really what it comes down to. Its not a school thing at all.

VN Store

Back