Feb. 24, 2008

Awesome game, i still say the best Vols bball moment in my lifetime was McBee for three against Kansas, i forget the year.

Reactions: 1 person
One of the best basketball games that I've ever attended.

The Tigers later that year pulled an Atlanta Falcons in the title game that year against Kansas. Of course, it wouldn't have mattered since the NCAA found out Derrick Rose couldn't spell C-A-T even if you spotted him the C and the A.

#1 for one glorious week...

The Vandy game the following Tuesday so pissed me off.

That was the game that some fat Vandy student tried to stare down Tyler Smith after Smith was called for a hard foul. It was hilarious, Smith looked back at him like "WTF do you think you're doing?"

13 points off the bench from 5-8 shooting from the field, 3/4 FT, 4 Offensive rebounds, 4 defensive rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 block in front of a home town crowd.
80000848-prince-of-the-tennessee-volunteers-drives-to-gettyimages.jpg

I knew what it was once saw the date. My niece got married during this game. I made sure tv was present. Lol greatest bball achievement of my lifetime. Wish it wasn't. A couple occasions to make Final 4 would have been nice. But being ranked #1 by taking it from Calipari and instate bball rival was glorious.

13 points off the bench from 5-8 shooting from the field, 3/4 FT, 4 Offensive rebounds, 4 defensive rebounds, 2 steals, and 1 block in front of a home town crowd.
80000848-prince-of-the-tennessee-volunteers-drives-to-gettyimages.jpg

JP was so underappreciated. When he was at his best, UT was at their best. That's why they were one missed free throw by Scotty Hopson, that was taken coast to coast by Draymond Green, from being a final 4 team. That block on Evan Turner in the Sweet 16 game may be my favorite UT block of all time. Yes, I know it was a 35 foot 3 pointer, but if he hits it, we lose and JP wasn't allowing a miracle

Reactions: 2 people
JP was so underappreciated. When he was at his best, UT was at their best. That's why they were one missed free throw by Scotty Hopson, that was taken coast to coast by Draymond Green, from being a final 4 team. That block on Evan Turner in the Sweet 16 game may be my favorite UT block of all time. Yes, I know it was a 35 foot 3 pointer, but if he hits it, we lose and JP wasn't allowing a miracle

Agreed. Loved seeing him play. True 5* talent that just didn't translate to the NBA.

The Vandy game the following Tuesday so pissed me off.

That was the game that some fat Vandy student tried to stare down Tyler Smith after Smith was called for a hard foul. It was hilarious, Smith looked back at him like "WTF do you think you're doing?"

Damn Vandy, I wasn't going to bring that up lol, but yeah, damn Vandy.

Agreed. Loved seeing him play. True 5* talent that just didn't translate to the NBA.

It won't be popular with Ziti :), but JP was more of a high 3* talent with 5* athleticism and hustle.

By talent, I mean actual, discernable skills; shooting, ball-handling, defense, etc. The guy rebounded, cleaned up under the basket, got into the lane (sometimes ill-advised), and played great D when he wanted to and committed to it. He was a real enigma as a guy without a true position. He could play anywhere 1-4 in a pinch, but wasn't an exact fit at any of them. Best served as a SF in the end, and that is where he played his best ball.

VN Store

Back