A Chance to Vent

I am not going to vent about the article. There are many things wrong with the Tennessee basketball team and the combo guards are just one of them. I will say these players hustle to get every lose ball and work hard to try and get an open shot.

What I will rant about is all of the pop-ups and click bait articles that I see these days. It makes me so angry that I have to close pop-ups and stop video's from running just so I can read what I came there to read.

Reactions: 6 people
Reactions: 2 people
I am not going to vent about the article. There are many things wrong with the Tennessee basketball team and the combo guards are just one of them. I will say these players hustle to get every lose ball and work hard to try and get an open shot.

What I will rant about is all of the pop-ups and click bait articles that I see these days. It makes me so angry that I have to close pop-ups and stop video's from running just so I can read what I came there to read.
That's no fun.
Here's a guy that's getting paid to write articles, criticizing Barnes for not developing players, says our main PGs are Bone and Bowden and spanks Phillips and Turner for attacking the rim.

That's no fun.
Here's a guy that's getting paid to write articles, criticizing Barnes for not developing players, says our main PGs are Bone and Bowden and spanks Phillips and Turner for attacking the rim.

Before I take any basketball writer seriously, I want to see his coaching resume. For all we know, Caleb Calhoun was the pimple faced goofball who could not dribble a ball and chew gum at the same time in PE class. Or the knucklehead who puts a realtors sign in a coaches yard after any loss to a rival.

I will read an opinion from someone who knows basketball, not just because he claims to.

Reactions: 4 people
Before I take any basketball writer seriously, I want to see his coaching resume. For all we know, Caleb Calhoun was the pimple faced goofball who could not dribble a ball and chew gum at the same time in PE class. Or the knucklehead who puts a realtors sign in a coaches yard after any loss to a rival.

I will read an opinion from someone who knows basketball, not just because he claims to.

Now that's the reaction I was looking for.

Reactions: 1 person

Are there any writers out there like that?

I have said all year that Turner reminds me of Jajuan Smith, when he was a Freshman, a turnover waiting to happen. Now, if he progresses like Smith did.......
Don't read into this that I don't like Turner, I really do. Just gets very careless too often.

Most "reporters" are just loud mouthed English majors who know very little about what they are writing or commenting on. Some just try to stir the pot and others are just stupid. Even some of the ex athletes who blather on ESPN sports shows just promote their agendas and make dumb statements. Mindless gossip is the order of the day.

I have said all year that Turner reminds me of Jajuan Smith, when he was a Freshman, a turnover waiting to happen. Now, if he progresses like Smith did.......
Don't read into this that I don't like Turner, I really do. Just gets very careless too often.

Jajuan Smith is one of my favorite Vols of all time.

This team definitely overachieved. I watched nearly every game they played. They are just so undersized on the front line and young in the backcourt. To get the victories they did was remarkable. Barnes has to get some quality Bigs. The Vandy game showed just how difficult a 6'4" and 6'5" front line can struggle against a taller opposing front line.

Not so much venting, but the way the men's basketball team is playing, so inconsistent, they'll probably go to the NIT, but a mid seed. Men will lose to SC and beat LSU and maybe Bama. My preseason thoughts were they'd go just over .500 and win 16 regular season games.

The Lady Vols have the team to be a top 15 team but aren't consistent enough. They have 3 players that could average over 15 points per game.They have Mississippi State left and have to play their best game of the season to win but won't. They'll be a #6 seed in the SEC tourney and no higher than a #7 seed in the WNCAA tourney. Can't see any higher. To be any higher they'd have to be a top 20 team.

This team definitely overachieved. I watched nearly every game they played. They are just so undersized on the front line and young in the backcourt. To get the victories they did was remarkable. Barnes has to get some quality Bigs. The Vandy game showed just how difficult a 6'4" and 6'5" front line can struggle against a taller opposing front line.

Give me 6-9 6-10 altheletic ball players over the 7 ft player with no skill. Long arms will do the job.

VN Store

Back