Team MVP?

Team MVP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As we come near the end of the season who is the team MVP? I'm going to make a poll out of this thread too but any replies/comments are welcomed. Thanks.

I'd go with Williams.

I decided it's a tie between Hubbs & Williams. If the poll I forced everyone to pick one then I'd probably take Williams by a tiny bit but way too close to call so that's why I picked them both.

Williams had really only 1 or 2 bad games all year. Hubbs had more bad games than that so it's so close although Hubbs carried us at times too. But, you could say Williams done the same thing.

One thing for sure Grant Williams is going to be a stud in this league for the next 3 years. He has surprised me to how good he really is. He has a jump shot & can rebound with the best of them. Ain't no weakness in his game.

He will be 1st Team All-Freshmen & 1st Team All-SEC each year following this year. He could easily end up being a double-double guy by his junior or senior season. All of this at 6'5". What a player & it's been fun watching him play this season.

I agree that Hubbs or Williams deserves to be MVP but Schofield deserves a lot of recognition as well. He plays hard and gives it his all every game despite not being as naturally gifted as some of our other players like Hubbs and Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that Hubbs or Williams deserves to be MVP but Schofield deserves a lot of recognition as well. He plays hard and gives it his all every game despite not being as naturally gifted as some of our other players like Hubbs and Williams.

If the schedule was only these last 10-12 games of the season then most definitely Schofield would be in the conversation. He just started out slowly & didn't know his role on the team early on.

Grant Williams, but I respect them both. Hubbs is def second but gonna get a lot of love bc he is a longsuffering vol with 1000 points, rightfully so. But my reasoning lies in an entire body of work, offense, defense, rebounds, effect on the game (not an official stat but you know what I mean), etc. Hubbs is a better scorer, but Williams MVP of the season.

Same reason why I think Lebron is better than Kobe.

If Schofield had played like crap last night, would you be saying the same thing? Be honest, and take a minute to imagine my initial "IF." Just making sure you're not victim of the moment.

As the announcer said during last Saturday's Mizzou game, " this is Grant Williams team , he is the leader of this team"

What's the story behind that?

I think there are several stories of Pearl Jr. playing the "don't you know who I am" card while he was here.

In particular I think he said this quote during a pick up game if I remember the story.

I think there are several stories of Pearl Jr. playing the "don't you know who I am" card while he was here.

In particular I think he said this quote during a pick up game if I remember the story.

What a douche.. I used to hate watching him get undeserved minutes. Now I hate watching him get an undeserved coaching spot on Daddy's staff.

What's the story behind that?

When he was a freshman, he tried to get into a bar on the Strip. The bouncer working the front door stopped him and his buds from entering. Then "I'm Steven ****ing Pearl and I own this town" was dropped. I heard the story on the radio and forget who was telling the story, but it was somebody that wasn't likely to criticize players or ever make something up. It might have actually been a player from the late 1980s that told it.

What a douche.. I used to hate watching him get undeserved minutes. Now I hate watching him get an undeserved coaching spot on Daddy's staff.

I doubt that he earned his job at Stryker (medical devices) that he had before becoming Auburn's strength coach. A good friend of mine saw him being a douche ordering a pound and a half burrito to go... wearing medical scrubs. Saw him wandering around Circle Park last fall wearing Capri pants and shoes that looked like slippers, talking on his phone and oblivious to people around him.

VN Store

Back