If we win out.. and I mean if..

win out...plus two in SECT...fer sure, without a doubt...3-1...plus one...going with still possible, just because of RPI, SOS, MICKEY MOUSE...:)

GO VOLS!

Not to be picky, I don't want on the 8/9 line in NCAA. Yes we should be happy just getting in, but do not want this.

As of 2/21 @9:30pm

1st FL 13-2 (losses: USC/Vandy)
1st KY 12-2 (losses: TN/FL)

3rd USC 10-5 TN @Miss MSU
4th ARK 9-5 A&M @Aub @FL GA
4th Bama 9-5 GA @A&M Miss @TN

• 6th TN 7-7 Vandy @USC @LSU Bama
    (L: Ark/FL/USC/Miss/MSU/GA/KY)
    (W: A&M/Vandy/MSU/KY/Aub/Miss/Mizz)

6th Miss 7-7 @MSU Mizz @Bama USC
6th Vandy 7-7 @TN MSU @KY FL
9th GA 6-8 @Bama LSU Aub @Ark
9th A&M 6-8 @Ark Bama @Mizz KY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No SECT first day bye:

11th Aub 6-9 Ark @GA Mizz
12th MSU 5-9 Miss @Vandy @ USC LSU
13th Mizz 2-12
14th LSU 1-14

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Exactly. Phenomenal job by Coach Barnes,the freshmen,Hubbs, Schofield and believe it or not, Lew Evans. I have really enjoyed watching this Vols team. They leave it all on the floor, even when they lose double digit leads. If we add Pons to the already stellar(and need filling) recruiting class, the Vols will be a NCAA Tourney team, next year and hopefully, this year.

Reactions: 2 people
What's the tie break if Tennessee, Arkansas and Alabama all tie for 4th?

Assuming that TN beat Bama, then it might go to TN with the KY win if that's the highest ranked win among all by Ark/Bama/TN. But ark has FL left... but most likely will be a loss in a 3-way tie scenario.

Edit: Arkansas gets the 4th seed... 2-0 versus Bama/TN. TN w/b 1-1 and Bama w/b 0-2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Two-Team Tie

The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken:

Won-lost results of head-to-head competition between the two teams.
Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceeding through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
Coin flip by the Commissioner.

Three-Team Tie (or more)

When three or more teams are tied, the following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken. If two teams re- main tied after a tiebreaker provision, the two-team tiebreaker formula will be used.

Best winning percentage of games played among the tied teams (Example: Team A is 3-1, Team B is 2-2 and Team C is 1-3 - Team A would be seeded highest, Team B second-highest and Team C lowest of the three).
Best winning percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed (and proceed- ing through the No. 14 seed, if necessary).
If two teams remain, coin flip by the Commissioner.
If three or more teams remain, draw by the Commissioner.

I know your original question was about winning out, but if Vols go 3-1 down the stretch, that will put them at 10-8 in conference. I think, based on what the standings look like now, that's probably the 6th seed. I think that's where they end up, somewhere between 6-8 seed.

we will not win out.... unless something changes, we will drop one or more like we have this year by not showing up. this will be the true test for Barnes coaching. With so much on the line based on our crappy play at times and losing some we should have won, will he be able to keep them focused and playing at the level they need to be? Will be interesting to watch. He will definitely be earning his paycheck.

I say we will win out. Possibly being overly optimistic but we are more than capable. So long as Admiral and Hubbs keep showing up and Grant stays out of foul trouble, we should be fine. This Saturday should tell us if this team really wants to make the next step.

Reactions: 1 person
We have to take it one game at a time. Right now each next game up will be the biggest of the year.

we will not win out.... unless something changes, we will drop one or more like we have this year by not showing up. this will be the true test for Barnes coaching. With so much on the line based on our crappy play at times and losing some we should have won, will he be able to keep them focused and playing at the level they need to be? Will be interesting to watch. He will definitely be earning his paycheck.

Good points...for sure they have to show up big time last 4... but I think just the fact that we are talking about the possibility of them making the dance and the possibility of going 4-0/3-1 to finish the stretch, i believe he's already earned his paycheck! Go Vols!

As of 2/21 @11:30pm

1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th get SECT double byes
5th thru 10th get SECT single byes

1st FL 13-2 (losses: USC/Vandy)
@KY Ark @Vandy

1st KY 13-2 (losses: TN/FL)
FL Vandy @A&M

3rd USC 10-5 TN MSU @Miss
4th Ark 9-5 A&M @Aub @FL GA
4th Bama 9-5 GA @A&M Miss @TN

6th Miss 8-7 Mizz @Bama USC

• 7th TN 7-7 Vandy @USC @LSU Bama