With Mostella do we win the Georgia, Ole Miss and Miss. St games?

The Dog

Because I Can
I think so. Upperclass leadership. I know it's a moot point, now, but if we win those 3 games that we had double digits leads in, we would be in ALL the mock NCAA Tourneys brackets, imo

I think so. Upperclass leadership. I know it's a moot point, now, but if we win those 3 games that we had double digits leads in, we would be in ALL the mock NCAA Tourneys brackets, imo

Not sure how much a leader he was, but if he was on and focused, then yes, I'd say they win at least 2 out of those 3 with him.

We looked our best all year the few games after he left. We had collapses before he left and after he left.

I'm gonna say no.

Reactions: 2 people
He was very streaky, so hard to tell. The open scholarship will probably get us future wins

This entire team is full of "streaky" players. Never really know what you're going to get from one game ( or half) to the next. That's why we can beat KY, be up one half with a 19 point lead and still lose the game, or just flat out lose to Miss St. No consistent go to player. Williams would be the closest thing to a " go to" but he is a freshman and makes a lot of freshman mistakes. No Sr. Leadership is our downfall.

Maybe UGA since we only lost by one, but we might have lost to UK at home.

I think Fulkerson would have a bigger impact due to our lack of post players.

Reactions: 3 people
What were we shooting from the perimeter while he was here?
Compare that to those games we lost. was perimeter shooting a factor?

On paper, yes. But, in reality, the team seemed to help and become a better team after he left. I would rather see where we are had Full stayed healthy. But, consistent with my original idea, I guess we "got better" after he left too.

This entire team is full of "streaky" players. Never really know what you're going to get from one game ( or half) to the next. That's why we can beat KY, be up one half with a 19 point lead and still lose the game, or just flat out lose to Miss St. No consistent go to player. Williams would be the closest thing to a " go to" but he is a freshman and makes a lot of freshman mistakes. No Sr. Leadership is our downfall.

I think it is more of needing a couple more key players, and jelling. Mostella being gone might help the latter. But I like Williams and Bone. They bring lots of energy.

Despite the problem you list, I see the team starting to develop. They have taken some good steps, no matter how it closes.

Losing Fulkerson was a bigger blow IMO. Who knows how we would've done with Mostella. I'd just like to see us get through a season for once without a season ending injury to a key player. Last year it was Punter and this year it was Fulk.

Don't care to play the what if game. Kid was stupid and selfish. Let himself and his team down.

Ok, if u guys don't want to play the "what if" game. How about this: If Fulkerson is healthy by the Bama game, and we win 3 out of the next 4 games (and we should be favored to do so), do we burn his medical redshirt and play him ? Of course, this could be another moot point, because I am not sure he can be healthy by then, but it will be over 10 weeks by the Bama game, since his injury

Ok, if u guys don't want to play the "what if" game. How about this: If Fulkerson is healthy by the Bama game, and we win 3 out of the next 4 games (and we should be favored to do so), do we burn his medical redshirt and play him ? Of course, this could be another moot point, because I am not sure he can be healthy by then, but it will be over 10 weeks by the Bama game, since his injury

Nope. Dance with who brung ya.

Fulkerson was a much bigger loss. We needed another post player besides Williams. Mostella was a streaky shooter so it's just too hard to tell.

No way. Very short-sighted move if you believe he'll get the medical RS.

VN Store

Back