870 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Interesting Bracketology Odds. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
SeniorDrill

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Interesting Bracketology Odds

Lots of info on the upcoming NCAA tournament and the odds of getting in with projected records. "Every day, we run thousands of computer simulations of the college basketball season, including all remaining regular season games, all conference tournaments, NCAA selection and seeding, and the NCAA tournament itself."
https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-to.../bracketology/
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #2
CladInOrange

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
So this shows that if we lose to USCe and win out asides from an additional loss in SEC tourney (17-14) we would have a 26% chance of receiving a bid.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 12:56 PM   #3
BruinVol

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Unless I am reading that wrong that is worthless. It says Belmont has a 74% to get an at large if they lose the ovc tourney. That's ridiculous
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #4
volforlife44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CladInOrange View Post
So this shows that if we lose to USCe and win out asides from an additional loss in SEC tourney (17-14) we would have a 26% chance of receiving a bid.
It says if we lose to USCjr as well as another game during our last 5, making us 17-14, we have a 26% chance of making the tournament. I agree with that statement 100%.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #5
CladInOrange

I think it is showing Belmont's overall percentage for them to get a bid is 74%, which includes them getting a bid by winning conference tourney (57%), without conf tourney auto bid they would then have a 74-57=17% chance of at large bid.

Last edited by CladInOrange; 02-15-2017 at 01:02 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Unless I am reading that wrong that is worthless. It says Belmont has a 74% to get an at large if they lose the ovc tourney. That's ridiculous
Exactly. Belmont doesn't win the OVCT, they're headed to the NIT.

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
CladInOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by volforlife44 View Post
It says if we lose to USCjr as well as another game during our last 5, making us 17-14, we have a 26% chance of making the tournament. I agree with that statement 100%.
No, I think it includes an SEC tournament loss not an additional regular season loss, otherwise we would have 15 losses.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #8
volforlife44

Quote:
No, I think it includes an SEC tournament loss not an additional regular season loss, otherwise we would have 15 losses.
Kentucky has 5 games left and those projections are if they have only 5 games left without the SEC Tournament. I am assuming they would think they would win the SEC tourney which would give them a few more wins than projected. I do not think these projections include any conference tourneys.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:06 PM   #9
CladInOrange

Quote:
Kentucky has 5 games left and those projections are if they have only 5 games left without the SEC Tournament. I am assuming they would think they would win the SEC tourney which would give them a few more wins than projected. I do not think these projections include any conference tourneys.
They are stating that UK has 47% chance of getting the "auto bid" in other words winning SEC tournament.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #10
volforlife44

Quote:
They are stating that UK has 47% chance of getting the "auto bid" in other words winning SEC tournament.
I understand but in their final win-loss protections it seems only the regular season records are projected.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:07 PM   #11
CladInOrange

Quote:
But if we lose 2 more and then a 3rd at SEC tournament I think we have 0% chance of making field, not 24%.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:08 PM   #12
CladInOrange

Quote:
I understand but in their final win-loss protections it seems only the regular season records are projected.
Yeah I guess you're right, if we lose 3 more including SEC tournament no way we make the field.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:14 PM   #13
BruinVol

Quote:
I think it is showing Belmont's overall percentage for them to get a bid is 74%, which includes them getting a bid by winning conference tourney (57%), without conf tourney auto bid they would then have a 74-57=17% chance of at large bid.
17% is 17 to high For them and an at large.

They are counting the chaminade as a win in that 17-14 total
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #14
CladInOrange

After looking at it, I think it projects our odds of making the tournament today not after their projected win/loss total. Our projected win loss total is 17-14 and our projected seed is blank because we aren't in. I think that as of today we have a 24% chance of making the field, which I agree with.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 02:06 PM   #15
Vol_til_I_die

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
I guess we'll just have to win the SEC tournament.
Reply With Quote TOP