2255 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Interesting Bracketology Odds Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #16
Catbone
Most ignored poster on VN

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by CladInOrange View Post
So this shows that if we lose to USCe and win out asides from an additional loss in SEC tourney (17-14) we would have a 26% chance of receiving a bid.
I think that's accurate
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 02:26 PM   #17
VolBricks
Nonconformist Member

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
"So your tellin' me there's a chance"
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #18
MockingVol
Turtle Tears

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
If UT only loses 1 more game-- that isn't Mizzou-- they probably have a 75% chance of being in the Tournament.

My question: if we lost two more the rest of the way, but then made it all the way to the SEC Championship game, what would our chances be? Would a 20-14 UT be in?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 03:36 PM   #19
bleedingTNorange

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingVol View Post
If UT only loses 1 more game-- that isn't Mizzou-- they probably have a 75% chance of being in the Tournament.

My question: if we lost two more the rest of the way, but then made it all the way to the SEC Championship game, what would our chances be? Would a 20-14 UT be in?
I believe they'd be 3-1 in SECT in that scenario, making them 19-15 if they finished the season 16-14...in that scenario I do think there's a very good chance that they'd be in.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #20
Otis07

No reason to throw Belmont under the bus because CRB can't devise a way to hold on to double digit leads
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #21
BruinVol

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis07 View Post
No reason to throw Belmont under the bus because CRB can't devise a way to hold on to double digit leads
Throw them under the bus?

They won't need a bus if they lose the ovc tourney because they won't be dancing.

Last edited by BruinVol; 02-15-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #22
SeniorDrill

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Link in OP updates daily.

The link in the OP updates daily. The odds for Tennessee dropped from 26% to 22% based on yesterday's games. It is a very complex calculation. Evidently, SOS weighs heavily. Georgia is 15-13 while Tennessee is 14-12 with both projected to win 3 and lose 2 the rest of the way but Tennessee has better odds to get a bid. 22% to 19%. Both are given a 1% chance of winning the SEC Tournament.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #23
SeniorDrill

With the blow out win over Missouri, the Vols have moved back to a 25 per cent chance of getting in the Big Dance from 22 per cent. For those who scoffed at the statement I made about the win at ETSU helping Tennessee in SOS, the Buc's blow out win @Chattanooga moved their odds to 47 percent with only 36 percent of that attributed to winning their tournament. I also stick by my 5-5 split on a neutral floor. See, you can cheer for both teams. It's east Tennessee.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #24
CAVPUT

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
This teams history in the SECT is well known so I don't hang my hat on that. We need the USC win....period.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 08:38 AM   #25
bnhunt

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
17% is 17 to high For them and an at large.

They are counting the chaminade as a win in that 17-14 total
*too
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #26
cwbytruckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorDrill View Post
With the blow out win over Missouri, the Vols have moved back to a 25 per cent chance of getting in the Big Dance from 22 per cent. For those who scoffed at the statement I made about the win at ETSU helping Tennessee in SOS, the Buc's blow out win @Chattanooga moved their odds to 47 percent with only 36 percent of that attributed to winning their tournament. I also stick by my 5-5 split on a neutral floor. See, you can cheer for both teams. It's east Tennessee.
And didnt Donnie Boy lay the foundation for CRB success this season also????
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 11:08 AM   #27
gunner
The Big Orange Gun

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Unless the Vols win out including an upset of SC, this team is headed to the NIT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #28
Lankykong

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner View Post
Unless the Vols win out including an upset of SC, this team is headed to the NIT.
No wonder our games are poorly attended if we have people passionate enough to be on a forum that still think this.

The bubble is garbage. If you think Clemson is doing better than we are with their resumé, continue in your opinion. Clemson is a first four out right now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #29
SeniorDrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwbytruckers View Post
And didnt Donnie Boy lay the foundation for CRB success this season also????
Coach John Brady tweeted:
“With good friend Donnie Tyndal watching him coach the D-league all star game in New Orleans. Outstanding coach !” Not bad for a first year assistant to be coaching in the D League All Star game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 01:16 PM   #30
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds Interesting Bracketology Odds

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
Reply With Quote TOP