The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA  
1337 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The National Anthem at the TBA Page 6. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #76
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
I still don't understand why we have to stay still and play the anthem before the game. I hated this when I played. And I am a military brat.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #77
Chris4Vols22
GBO or GTFO

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
I still don't understand why we have to stay still and play the anthem before the game. I hated this when I played. And I am a military brat.
I'm not against the tradition at all, but it does seem pretty out of place when you think of it that way.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #78
Slydell
Pancho

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs View Post
I don't know why anyone would find it strange that kids would imitate others they see. Flip on the TV.

I will illustrate with words: a former President - who will remain unnamed but served as a role model to many - didn't always put his hand over his heart for the national anthem.

Turn to the NBA, I think most players don't cover their heart. Some probably out of a lack of respect, and others out of ignorance to the law and proper decorum. It is in the United States Code that people place their hand over their heart
Damn, it's a law now?
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #79
VOLINVONORE

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
What happened at today's game during the Anthem?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #80
Thunder Good-Oil

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Same 4 stand together, this time at the far end. The Sophomores and RS freshman. KA watches the singer. AS looks up, down, and around. LT and SP look at their Nikes the whole time. LT, KA, and AS clap for the singer... SP doesn't. No big deal. They aren't making spectacles of themselves. It's just odd that they signed together and stand together for the NA with a different "ritual" than everybody else. Nothing to see here apparently. They've all represented TN just fine.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #81
rdl2k7

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
Same 4 stand together, this time at the far end. The Sophomores and RS freshman. KA watches the singer. AS looks up, down, and around. LT and SP look at their Nikes the whole time. LT, KA, and AS clap for the singer... SP doesn't. No big deal. They aren't making spectacles of themselves. It's just odd that they signed together and stand together for the NA with a different "ritual" than everybody else. Nothing to see here apparently. They've all represented TN just fine.
All true.. i was there too. The Missouri players were in various forms of stances. Hands by sides, hands behind backs, hands over hearts. If they say they are protesting, then ok let's get to the bottom of it, but If they said they were praying the whole time, the Bible Belt would bless their heart right to sainthood. Let it go.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #82
Thunder Good-Oil

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdl2k7 View Post
All true.. i was there too. The Missouri players were in various forms of stances. Hands by sides, hands behind backs, hands over hearts. If they say they are protesting, then ok let's get to the bottom of it, but If they said they were praying the whole time, the Bible Belt would bless their heart right to sainthood. Let it go.
The lack of randomness is what makes it so unusual. 20 in line do exactly like Barnes. 4 others don't. Those four always stand together and they are in the same signing class.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #83
Thunder Good-Oil

Now Kwe makes 5... and stands with the 3 sophomores and the RS freshman.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 PM   #84
armchair

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
More southern patriotism paranoia. The OP says it is nothing but insists on going on about it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #85
bleedingTNorange

If it wasn't rude I'd have taken a pic, OP is fos...was at tonight's game and not one player stared at his feet throughout the anthem. Some had hand on hearts some behind their backs folded, it was sporadic, not like they sectioned themselves off...all looked at the flag.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #86
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
If it wasn't rude I'd have taken a pic, OP is fos...was at tonight's game and not one player stared at his feet throughout the anthem. Some had hand on hearts some behind their backs folded, it was sporadic, not like they sectioned themselves off...all looked at the flag.
Nope. You're full of ****.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 02-22-2017 at 11:45 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #87
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
Nope. You're full of ****. Again.
I specifically looked and paid attention to it...there 100% was not 4-5 guys standing together staring at their feet, if you believe that then you need glasses.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #88
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
More southern patriotism paranoia. The OP says it is nothing but insists on going on about it.
There's been 4. Now there's 5. Shocking that I'd add that information.

I said it's not disrespectful. That's what's nothing. The fact that the 4/5 stand together is something and before KP joined in the fact that the first four all signed at the same time was weird.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 02-22-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #89
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I specifically looked and paid attention to it...there 100% was not 4-5 guys standing together staring at their feet, if you believe that then you need glasses.
I never said that there were. I said that there had been 4 out of about 25 that weren't putting their hand over their heart and they all stand together. Turner and Phillips absolutely keep their heads down. Alexander watches. Schofield looks around, but watches most of the time. And it's not at all random. The 4, and now 5, stand together. EVERYBODY else in line other than those have there hands over their hearts. You are wrong.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #90
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
I never said that there were. I said that there had been 4 out of about 25 that weren't putting their hand over their heart and they all stand together. Turner and Phillips absolutely keep their heads down. Alexander watches. Schofield looks around, but watches most of the time. And it's not at all random. The 4, and now 5, stand together. EVERYBODY else in line other than those have there hands over their hearts. You are wrong.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0935.JPG (60.0 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote TOP