The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA  
1337 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The National Anthem at the TBA Page 6. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #76
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN
 
zjcvols's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Jul 2008
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Location: The Great City of Friendsville, TN
Posts: 43,983
Likes: 10,202
I still don't understand why we have to stay still and play the anthem before the game. I hated this when I played. And I am a military brat.
zjcvols is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 08:44 PM   #77
Chris4Vols22
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Jul 2010
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 13,841
Likes: 3,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
I still don't understand why we have to stay still and play the anthem before the game. I hated this when I played. And I am a military brat.
I'm not against the tradition at all, but it does seem pretty out of place when you think of it that way.
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 09:03 PM   #78
Slydell
Pancho
 
Slydell's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Jan 2010
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Location: Hole in the wall
Posts: 52,290
Likes: 7,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfballs View Post
I don't know why anyone would find it strange that kids would imitate others they see. Flip on the TV.

I will illustrate with words: a former President - who will remain unnamed but served as a role model to many - didn't always put his hand over his heart for the national anthem.

Turn to the NBA, I think most players don't cover their heart. Some probably out of a lack of respect, and others out of ignorance to the law and proper decorum. It is in the United States Code that people place their hand over their heart
Damn, it's a law now?
Slydell is offline  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 05:04 PM   #79
VOLINVONORE
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2008
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 5,805
Likes: 2,795
What happened at today's game during the Anthem?
VOLINVONORE is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #80
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Same 4 stand together, this time at the far end. The Sophomores and RS freshman. KA watches the singer. AS looks up, down, and around. LT and SP look at their Nikes the whole time. LT, KA, and AS clap for the singer... SP doesn't. No big deal. They aren't making spectacles of themselves. It's just odd that they signed together and stand together for the NA with a different "ritual" than everybody else. Nothing to see here apparently. They've all represented TN just fine.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #81
rdl2k7
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2007
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 136
Likes: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
Same 4 stand together, this time at the far end. The Sophomores and RS freshman. KA watches the singer. AS looks up, down, and around. LT and SP look at their Nikes the whole time. LT, KA, and AS clap for the singer... SP doesn't. No big deal. They aren't making spectacles of themselves. It's just odd that they signed together and stand together for the NA with a different "ritual" than everybody else. Nothing to see here apparently. They've all represented TN just fine.
All true.. i was there too. The Missouri players were in various forms of stances. Hands by sides, hands behind backs, hands over hearts. If they say they are protesting, then ok let's get to the bottom of it, but If they said they were praying the whole time, the Bible Belt would bless their heart right to sainthood. Let it go.
rdl2k7 is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #82
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdl2k7 View Post
All true.. i was there too. The Missouri players were in various forms of stances. Hands by sides, hands behind backs, hands over hearts. If they say they are protesting, then ok let's get to the bottom of it, but If they said they were praying the whole time, the Bible Belt would bless their heart right to sainthood. Let it go.
The lack of randomness is what makes it so unusual. 20 in line do exactly like Barnes. 4 others don't. Those four always stand together and they are in the same signing class.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:18 PM   #83
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Now Kwe makes 5... and stands with the 3 sophomores and the RS freshman.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:31 PM   #84
armchair
Senior Member
 
armchair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 8,744
Likes: 5,979
More southern patriotism paranoia. The OP says it is nothing but insists on going on about it.
armchair is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #85
bleedingTNorange
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 50,187
Likes: 12,239
If it wasn't rude I'd have taken a pic, OP is fos...was at tonight's game and not one player stared at his feet throughout the anthem. Some had hand on hearts some behind their backs folded, it was sporadic, not like they sectioned themselves off...all looked at the flag.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #86
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
If it wasn't rude I'd have taken a pic, OP is fos...was at tonight's game and not one player stared at his feet throughout the anthem. Some had hand on hearts some behind their backs folded, it was sporadic, not like they sectioned themselves off...all looked at the flag.
Nope. You're full of ****.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 02-22-2017 at 11:45 PM..
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:36 PM   #87
bleedingTNorange
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 50,187
Likes: 12,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
Nope. You're full of ****. Again.
I specifically looked and paid attention to it...there 100% was not 4-5 guys standing together staring at their feet, if you believe that then you need glasses.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:39 PM   #88
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
More southern patriotism paranoia. The OP says it is nothing but insists on going on about it.
There's been 4. Now there's 5. Shocking that I'd add that information.

I said it's not disrespectful. That's what's nothing. The fact that the 4/5 stand together is something and before KP joined in the fact that the first four all signed at the same time was weird.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 02-22-2017 at 11:46 PM..
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:44 PM   #89
Thunder Good-Oil
Senior Member
 
Thunder Good-Oil's Avatar

The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Join Date: Dec 2011
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 13,977
Likes: 6,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I specifically looked and paid attention to it...there 100% was not 4-5 guys standing together staring at their feet, if you believe that then you need glasses.
I never said that there were. I said that there had been 4 out of about 25 that weren't putting their hand over their heart and they all stand together. Turner and Phillips absolutely keep their heads down. Alexander watches. Schofield looks around, but watches most of the time. And it's not at all random. The 4, and now 5, stand together. EVERYBODY else in line other than those have there hands over their hearts. You are wrong.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #90
bleedingTNorange
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA The National Anthem at the TBA
Posts: 50,187
Likes: 12,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
I never said that there were. I said that there had been 4 out of about 25 that weren't putting their hand over their heart and they all stand together. Turner and Phillips absolutely keep their heads down. Alexander watches. Schofield looks around, but watches most of the time. And it's not at all random. The 4, and now 5, stand together. EVERYBODY else in line other than those have there hands over their hearts. You are wrong.
.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0935.JPG (60.0 KB, 0 views)
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



The National Anthem at the TBA


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.