Barnes worse game plan

wmcovol

Tenn seemed to be over concerned inside. If Ky is going to shoot good, it's at Rupp. They shoot great there. Should have defended 3 better and lived with consequences in the inside.

I don't know. I think playing man against Georgia Saturday the last ten minutes of the game was pretty crappy as game plans go, IMHO.

Reactions: 4 people
Tenn seemed to be over concerned inside. If Ky is going to shoot good, it's at Rupp. They shoot great there. Should have defended 3 better and lived with consequences in the inside.

I didn't see any of the game. But the response after game one was "glad Calipari didn't go inside to Bam more." So which one is it? You let them shoot from outside.

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes: "we looked like a team tonight that isn't well coached."

Note to Butch... pay attention to this interview.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Really Talented Team playing home and shot the lights out. Tennessee last three games really struggling making shots. Florida last week did this to KY so it happens on the road against good teams

Really Talented Team playing home and shot the lights out. Tennessee last three games really struggling making shots. Florida last week did this to KY so it happens on the road against good teams

Robert " the magician" Hubbs had another disappearing act. If he continues to disappear in games, we will end up being the 13th best team in the SEC. If he really is injured, Barnes needs to sit him and let him get healthy so someone else can contribute. As it is now, Hubbs is a liability. If he is only " hurt" , he needs to tough it out and hopefully we can get something out of him the rest of the season

Reactions: 3 people
Robert " the magician" Hubbs had another disappearing act. If he continues to disappear in games, we will end up being the 13th best team in the SEC. If he really is injured, Barnes needs to sit him and let him get healthy so someone else can contribute. As it is now, Hubbs is a liability. If he is only " hurt" , he needs to tough it out and hopefully we can get something out of him the rest of the season

There are confirmed reports that he has to have his knee drained every day and has been hurt for 3 weeks. He probably needs to sit a while but this is his last go around so he wants to play.

Who would you put in that is better? Not healthier, but better? I don't see anyone on the bench that would be better playing Hubbs' minutes, even if he is injured. Not at this point.

Reactions: 2 people

KY came out shooting the 3s, missing the first 6 or 7; then they started falling & Vol players seemed to just let them fire. #35 got it going, then other Cats chimed in. When they get on a roll in Corrupt Arena, it's usually bad news for the opponent. :whistling:

Swing and a miss....Just stop it.....

Reactions: 8 people

We get it, you don't like him. You can stop justifying it after each and every loss. Just say, "I hate Robert Hubbs", and save yourself the time.

Reactions: 8 people

3 WEEK's ago he was the coach of the year in the SEC now he can't put a game plan together no its not neither one tonight Kentucky showed there NBA talent and we showed our's i believe they might have a little more.:eek:lol:

There are confirmed reports that he has to have his knee drained every day and has been hurt for 3 weeks. He probably needs to sit a while but this is his last go around so he wants to play.

If this is actually true, why was he playing last night with less than 10 minutes to go and we were down 30?

We get it, you don't like him. You can stop justifying it after each and every loss. Just say, "I hate Robert Hubbs", and save yourself the time.

It's not a personal thing so I don't "hate" Hubbs. It's just that we have seen this for 4 years , injured, under performs, disappears in games. Reminds me of Scotty Hopson but he's not even close to the player Hopson was.

Barnes has had these kids overachieving this whole season...they have played like a group of freshmen at times sure...but had them right in it to the end against teams like UNC, Oregon, beating Kentucky....being mentally tough is just as important as being physically talented...and he has had them showing flashes of greatness. I'm damn glad he is the basketball coach here. He is a proven winner...hate him or not...he has his kids now and for a team picked to get beat down and finish dead last some of y'all should be a little grateful of this guy...and what he is building and going to accomplish here.

Reactions: 6 people
It's not a personal thing so I don't "hate" Hubbs. It's just that we have seen this for 4 years , injured, under performs, disappears in games. Reminds me of Scotty Hopson but he's not even close to the player Hopson was.

I ask again, who would you put in that is better than Hubbs at this point? Not healthier, but better? Who, on that bench, would be better with the number of mins Hubbs plays?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back