6300 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Barnes worse game plan Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 PM   #61
vols 30

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCat View Post
Strange, it's almost like I posted before the game I would be asleep. We played bad and UT played good, so not much more to say.
The old " I would be asleep" excuse. 😀
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #62
LittleCat
Resident Cat

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols 30 View Post
The old " I would be asleep" excuse. 😀
There's some games that I see no point in forcing myself to stay up late to watch. Especially on the road playing poorly like we were coming into the UT game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #63
508mikey

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
You just described every team in the SEC not named UK.
Not UF - I am annoyed they are so good all of a sudden
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #64
bleedingTNorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
Not UF - I am annoyed they are so good all of a sudden
UF is good all of a sudden? Were you incarcerated during the Donovan years?
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 09:03 PM   #65
508mikey

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
UF is good all of a sudden? Were you incarcerated during the Donovan years?
no I meant I expected them to be down several years since he left - they didn't exactly replace him with a big known name coach - I also am jumping the gun and picking them for the FF when the brackets come out - its just UTs luck they are back in power already

Last edited by 508mikey; 02-15-2017 at 09:07 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 PM   #66
1985Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post
You're still star gazing. Were he rated 3* by recruiting websites that probably never saw him play a game, you would not have any - comments. Support your team.
We'll duh If Colton Jumper was a 5* I would be commenting about his play at LB as well. So your saying Hubbs is 3* talent? You don't need to convince me of that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 12:44 PM   #67
1985Vols

[QUOTE=iKrager;13574303]How many threads you going to post this in and THEN NOT RESPOND. Hubbs is going through a knee injury and every teams are game planning to shut him down. Not too hard of a concept to understand.[/QUOTE

How bad is his injury? So bad that he continued to be on the court with under 10 minutes to go in the game down 30 at KY. Not sure I'm buying that. If he were injured that badly seem so Barnes would have sat him down long before he did.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #68
whobethis16

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
[QUOTE=1985Vols;13576095]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKrager View Post
How many threads you going to post this in and THEN NOT RESPOND. Hubbs is going through a knee injury and every teams are game planning to shut him down. Not too hard of a concept to understand.[/QUOTE

How bad is his injury? So bad that he continued to be on the court with under 10 minutes to go in the game down 30 at KY. Not sure I'm buying that. If he were injured that badly seem so Barnes would have sat him down long before he did.
Maybe Barnes, even though it was out of reach, wasn't going to allow them to completely give up. All year we've raved about how this team fights for 40 mins, and now you're wanting them to give up?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #69
calban
17-18 Return to Relevance

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleA View Post
No, we just looked like a team that was woefully undermanned. I have no problems with coaching at all.
Those were Barnes' words.
paraphrasing Barnes, the game pan was to not let a 4th KY player go off and beat us. Our guys ignored the plan and didn't defend.
Willis had the game of his career.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #70
cncchris33

Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan Barnes worse game plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Those were Barnes' words.
paraphrasing Barnes, the game pan was to not let a 4th KY player go off and beat us. Our guys ignored the plan and didn't defend.
Willis had the game of his career.
Willis killed us last year at Rupp too. 25 pts on 7-11 shooting from 3. When he plays well, we struggle against them. Consequently, he wasn't a factor in Knoxville the past two years and we won.
Reply With Quote TOP