The Official Tennessee @ #13 Kentucky Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 14-11 (6-6 SEC)

University-of-Georgia-University-of-Tennessee.jpg

@

#13/#11 Kentucky Wildcats: 20-5 (10-2 SEC)

170211UKMenPA0403

FEB. 14 » RUPP ARENA » LEXINGTON, KY. » 7:04 P.M. ET

Line: UT +14
O/U: 140

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius:83, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN

12434418.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
Overall: Kentucky leads, 152-69

In Knoxville: UK leads, 52-49

In Lexington: UK leads, 89-16

Neutral Sites: UK leads, 11-4

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 82-80, in Knoxville 1/24/17

Rick Barnes vs. Kentucky: 3-3

Rick Barnes vs. John Calipari: Barnes leads, 4-3

After ascending as high as 35 in the NCAA’s official RPI listing, Tennessee is now rated 46th.

SEC Co-Freshman of the Week Grant Williams averaged 24.0 points and 3.5 blocks in UT’s two games last week.

In SEC play, Tennessee’s 1.3 assist/turnover ratio is the best among all league teams.

Senior wing and leading scorer Robert Hubbs III will play his 100th career game Tuesday.

Don't like the forecast for this one. Hubbs gimpy, young team in hostile territory. Doesn't look good.

UK 88
UT 74

Stand as just the fifth all-time victory for the Vols at Rupp Arena.

Give the Vols their first season sweep over Kentucky since the 1998-99 season.

Stand as Tennessee's 15th victory of the season, matching the program's 34-game win total from last season.

Mark the 20th time an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a ranked Kentucky squad.

Living on the TN/KY state line, I've been hearing about this one since the last horn sounded a couple of weeks ago. Those folks are MAD. lol, and too stupid to realize that even I know it'll be tough for us to pull this one out. Hoping for a Herculean effort by our Vols!

Don't like the forecast for this one. Hubbs gimpy, young team in hostile territory. Doesn't look good.

UK 88
UT 74

Can't disagree. Everything points to a big UK win....and that's when UT is most dangerous especially coming off a loss at home. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but these are exactly the kind of games UT shows up in.

Reactions: 2 people
Stand as just the fifth all-time victory for the Vols at Rupp Arena.

Give the Vols their first season sweep over Kentucky since the 1998-99 season.

Stand as Tennessee's 15th victory of the season, matching the program's 34-game win total from last season.

Mark the 20th time an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a ranked Kentucky squad.

I have seen 1 win at Rupp, hoping for #2 tonight!

Really need some scoring from the backcourt tonight...and for Grant to stay out of foul trouble. I think we pull this off. Screw Calimari

I was at Rupp when Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilcrest destroyed us. And fans around me said refs are keeping us close. I was like look you guys are in double bonus and Kentucky only has 4 fouls get outta here with that nonsense. So essentially you have to outplay Kentucky by 10 or more to compensate for the coRUPPtion up there. Go Vols!

I was at Rupp when Anthony Davis and Michael Kidd-Gilcrest destroyed us. And fans around me said refs are keeping us close. I was like look you guys are in double bonus and Kentucky only has 4 fouls get outta here with that nonsense. So essentially you have to outplay Kentucky by 10 or more to compensate for the coRUPPtion up there. Go Vols!

So true, a victory up there should count as 2 wins. The game tonight will not be called fairly. Wouldn't be surprised to see Grant get two touch fouls in the first 3 minutes

Last edited:
So true, a victory up there should count as 2 wins. The game tonight will not be called fairly. Wouldn't be surprised to see Grant get two touch fouls in the first 3 minutes

I would bet we'll be winning at the half, then build up to about a 10 point lead in the second half and around the 15:00 mark, the fouls will start flying UK's way. Barnes should just tell them when the clock hits 15:00 to put their hands behind their backs.

Hubbs has to score 17 to 20 points tonight and UT needs a strong game from Bone and Phillips as well as the continued improvement of Alexander and Williams to have a shot at pulling off a win.

I see the refs helping UK in this one. Tennessee will play great but everything will be pointed towards Paypal Cal and his team at Rupp.

UK - 88
UT - 81

VN Store

Back