2448 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 Page 4. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-13-2017, 09:02 PM   #46
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZiti09 View Post
Nobody wants these crappy tournaments. Good grief.
Apparently 99% of everyone here knows that.

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #47
Thunder Good-Oil

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
So "pent up demand" now means "enough demand to be economically viable"....which again, isn't really an answer, and I'm pretty sure you're the only one here that would describe "pent up demand" that way.
No, pent up demand means you haven't been allowed to do something for a while and as a result you want to do it even more now. At no point did I suggest that attendance at a CBI game would approach that of even the lowest attended regular season game. You've taken the comment in a totally different direction. My theory is that you're dragging in argument from a different thread into this one.

I've given you the answer about four times now. Not sure why you keep arguing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 09:23 PM   #48
Dallasbowlin

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
The only time you shouldn't accept an nit bid, is if you have no head coach, or you're a program like duke, which even ky accepted an nit bid, and I don't see duke ever going back to the nit under coach k.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 09:56 PM   #49
tonybologna
VFL

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorDrill View Post
Forbes could have easily gone to one of the other mid-major tournaments. A 23-11 record was not good enough for the NIT which many of you believe Tennessee should never accept. I remember a lot of you saying NCAA or bust. Instead he played his cards perfectly and rewarded his 24-12 team with a nice trip to Las Vegas for all the work they put in during the year.

By the way, Furman has a 9 game winning streak and is 11-2 in the conference, ETSU is in second at 10-3, and Chattanooga tied with UNCG at 9-4.
My Bucs will end up winning the regular season title but losing in the tourney again so left out of the NCAAT again. They will be going to another one of these other tourneys. They're still a really good team though.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 10:13 PM   #50
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
No, pent up demand means you haven't been allowed to do something for a while and as a result you want to do it even more now. At no point did I suggest that attendance at a CBI game would approach that of even the lowest attended regular season game. You've taken the comment in a totally different direction. My theory is that you're dragging in argument from a different thread into this one.

I've given you the answer about four times now. Not sure why you keep arguing.
My theory is you made a statement and now can't back it up, and you're dancing around it like a politician and trying to divert it in any way possible.

Good lord simply reading your replies will prove this. Your original reply about "pent up demand" was in direct reply to my statement about how it's hard enough to get people to show up for an NIT game and that I doubt people would show up for an lower tournament (which itself was a reply to you saying "People might actually buy tickets"), and that's when you started the "pent up demand". Don't believe me, here you go:

Quote:
It will be hard enough to get fans to show up for an NIT game; I seriously doubt many would show up for a no-name tournament.
Your direct reply:
Quote:
There's more pent up demand this year than most. TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.
And now you're trying to tell me you were meaning demand to simply cover operating expenses to break even, when you were directly replying to my post that clearly had nothing to do with that, and you weren't trying to make any comment on crowd size even though you directly compared it to fans buying up tons of TaxSlayer Bowl tickets? GTFO.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 12:27 AM   #51
Thunder Good-Oil

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
Quote:
My theory is you made a statement and now can't back it up, and you're dancing around it like a politician and trying to divert it in any way possible.

Good lord simply reading your replies will prove this. Your original reply about "pent up demand" was in direct reply to my statement about how it's hard enough to get people to show up for an NIT game and that I doubt people would show up for an lower tournament (which itself was a reply to you saying "People might actually buy tickets"), and that's when you started the "pent up demand". Don't believe me, here you go:

Your direct reply:

And now you're trying to tell me you were meaning demand to simply cover operating expenses to break even, when you were directly replying to my post that clearly had nothing to do with that, and you weren't trying to make any comment on crowd size even though you directly compared it to fans buying up tons of TaxSlayer Bowl tickets? GTFO.
Pent up demand is obviously related to crowd size. I gave an example with the bowl game after you demanded proof that pent up demand is a thing. Is the analogy over your head? Why do you continue to argue by telling me what I meant and rejecting my explanations (for your benefit, at your request) of what I said and meant?

You said not many would show up. I said there's pent up demand. Maybe you should define "not many". Dozens? Hundreds? You didn't say not many relative to the TBA capacity or not many relative to average attendance this year. You said "not many".

You've omitted the part of the dialogue that was about paying thousands to be in the CBI field. You START with not many would show up and left off the comments immediately before those which, by omission, changes the context of what you've copied above.

My first comment (that you conveniently left off) was in direct response to the comment about spending thousands to be in the CBI.

I'm not dancing around anything. You're twisting my comments around to feed some strange obsession that you have to argue with me about my post that points out the existence of pent up demand.

IMO the attendance at a TBA CBI game THIS YEAR would be similar, if not greater, than the attendance when TN last hosted an NIT. I haven't made a comparison to even the lowest attended regular season game. You're acting like I've suggested something approaching a TBA sell out.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #52
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Smdh....

At this point, you're either really that obtuse, or you're just straight up lying to cover yourself. Given your history, it could go either way. I already posted direct quotes and I'll let everyone else decide who's dancing around what.

Quote:
Pent up demand is obviously related to crowd size.

IMO the attendance at a TBA CBI game THIS YEAR would be similar, if not greater, than the attendance when TN last hosted an NIT. I haven't made a comparison to even the lowest attended regular season game. You're acting like I've suggested something approaching a TBA sell out.
So, in conclusion, by your own words, "pent up demand" equals about 4400K, which was the last attendance of an NIT game at TBA? A figure that has already been stated by several here as being a pretty piss poor figure, but in TGO's world, 4400K would prove a "pent up demand"? A simple "yes" or "no" is required.

And finally, you've pointed out about 3-4 times now that I have some "obsession" with arguing with you....all while you continue to respond and argue back with me. Self-awareness is clearly one of your strong points.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #53
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Smdh....

At this point, you're either really that obtuse, or you're just straight up lying to cover yourself. Given your history, it could go either way. I already posted direct quotes and I'll let everyone else decide who's dancing around what.

So, in conclusion, by your own words, "pent up demand" equals about 4400K, which was the last attendance of an NIT game at TBA? A figure that has already been stated by several here as being a pretty piss poor figure, but in TGO's world, 4400K would prove a "pent up demand"? A simple "yes" or "no" is required.

And finally, you've pointed out about 3-4 times now that I have some "obsession" with arguing with you....all while you continue to respond and argue back with me. Self-awareness is clearly one of your strong points.
IKrager: I wouldn't spend thousands (for a CBI invite)

Me: People might actually buy some tickets this year.

You (responding to me): It will be hard enough to get fans to show up for an NIT game; I seriously doubt many would show up for a no-name tournament.

Me: There's more pent up demand this year than most. TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

vols 30: If UT hosts a NIT game, they'll be less than 8 thousand, and I'm probably overshooting that number

Me: That's not a bad number relative to the 350 or so school's average

You: (quoting Thunder Good-Oil:
There's more pent up demand this year than most) Based on what?

My answer that you can't accept and are obsessed with, claiming I'm lying about, making up **** and claiming that I answered with that ****, etc., etc.... which despite your obsessive, continuous arguing fully answers your question of what the pent up demand is "based" on.: TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

All of my posts since are replying to your obsessive attacks of my answer. There was no back tracking. Asked. Answered. Your obsession with me comes to light.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 02-14-2017 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #54
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:
IKrager: I wouldn't spend thousands (for a CBI invite)

Me: People might actually buy some tickets this year.

You (responding to me): It will be hard enough to get fans to show up for an NIT game; I seriously doubt many would show up for a no-name tournament.

Me: There's more pent up demand this year than most. TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

vols 30: If UT hosts a NIT game, they'll be less than 8 thousand, and I'm probably overshooting that number

Me: That's not a bad number relative to the 350 or so school's average

You: (quoting Thunder Good-Oil:
There's more pent up demand this year than most) Based on what?

My answer that you can't accept and are obsessed with, claiming I'm lying about, making up **** and claiming that I answered with that ****, etc., etc.... which despite your obsessive, continuous arguing fully answers your question of what the pent up demand is "based" on.: TN hasn't been to any post season tourney for 3 years now after going 9 straight years.

All of my posts since are replying to your obsessive attacks of my answer. There was no back tracking. Asked. Answered. Your obsession with me comes to light.
So, that would be a "yes" I guess; TGO thinks 4400K would prove a "pent up demand".

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #55
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
So, that would be a "yes" I guess; TGO thinks 4400K would prove a "pent up demand".
It's Valentine's Day. Once we move past this emotionally charged holiday, will your obsession with me wax or wane?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #56
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2017, 09:52 AM   #57
Thunder Good-Oil

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.1 KB, 151 views)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 03:53 AM   #58
Thunder Good-Oil

Current NIT Bracketology
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #59
volfannbama

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
Location: Armpit of America with screaming midget football coaches
Quote:
Smdh....

4400k? Thats alot of folks for an NIT game. I thought TBA only held 20k.lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #60
volfannbama

NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16 NIT, CBI, CIT, Vegas 16
Location: Armpit of America with screaming midget football coaches
We are still on the NCAA bubble, surely we would make the NIT. Would be slightly disappointing to be so close and not make it, but when the season started noone gave them a chance for anything, so they have done a good job regardless of where they end up.
Reply With Quote TOP