2308 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Only 3 things upset me today. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
OrngeJuiceJones
Senior Member

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Oct 2006
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Dublin, VA
Posts: 4,765
Likes: 1,049
Only 3 things upset me today

Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.

Last edited by OrngeJuiceJones; 02-11-2017 at 08:40 PM..
OrngeJuiceJones is offline  
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
508mikey
Senior Member
 
508mikey's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Jul 2011
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Illinois
Posts: 19,696
Likes: 8,721
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game
508mikey is online now  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator
 
gatorhater1509's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Jul 2013
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 664
Likes: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.
gatorhater1509 is offline  
VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
OrngeJuiceJones
Senior Member

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Oct 2006
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Dublin, VA
Posts: 4,765
Likes: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhater1509 View Post
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.
The student section stuff must be addressed. Immediately.
OrngeJuiceJones is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
twoffo
Senior Member
 
twoffo's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Oct 2011
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 234
Likes: 151
It'd be pretty simple to have a line for people with 300 level seats to occupy empty seats in that section. Give the students until 15 minutes before the game starts then open the remaining seats to those in line.
twoffo is offline  
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
CoaxialOrange
Senior Member
 
CoaxialOrange's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Dec 2015
Only 3 things upset me today
Location: VA
Posts: 1,840
Likes: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game
Unfortunately didn't get a picture of it today but yeah it's there. Also a small couch or loveseat on the baseline. If they want to call themselves the Rowdies they might should show up. JMO
CoaxialOrange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #7
1Ooltevol
Senior Member
 
1Ooltevol's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Dec 2009
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 131
Likes: 84
My wife and I went to a concert at The Bridgestone in Nashville before Christmas. They had a similar setup on the floor to what is mentioned by the OP in #3. I thought of that as soon as I saw the sofas and tables in the student section at the Tommy Bowl. It's more than a little upsetting that we have the kind of space necessary for something like that at floor level behind the goal. Should be packed with fans.
1Ooltevol is offline  
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #8
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator
 
gatorhater1509's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Jul 2013
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 664
Likes: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
The student section stuff must be addressed. Immediately.
100% agree but what could they do? I assume seating is offered for free. That would be enough for me.
gatorhater1509 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #9
OrangeDog
NSD---February 7th, 2018
 
OrangeDog's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Tropic of Sir Galahad
Posts: 6,380
Likes: 2,930
Free tickets at OCI if you buy....drink 4 beers before game

or whatever OCI (Goal Post) is called these days.
__________________
Class of 1983..... & '86
OrangeDog is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #10
armchair
Senior Member
 
armchair's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Posts: 9,440
Likes: 6,925
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.
armchair is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
OrngeJuiceJones
Senior Member

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Oct 2006
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Dublin, VA
Posts: 4,765
Likes: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.
Just extended man to man
OrngeJuiceJones is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
NUMBER1VOLFAN
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2009
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Posts: 154
Likes: 67
I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too
NUMBER1VOLFAN is offline  
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #13
calban
Now Follow the Orange PIG
 
calban's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Sep 2009
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Somerset, KY
Posts: 9,982
Likes: 3,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.
That was Barnes' main point in post game. didn't have anyone who could defend Frazier. Musta said his name 20 times.
__________________
Elect an Idiot. Vote 2016
calban is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #14
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator
 
gatorhater1509's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Jul 2013
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Location: Cookeville, TN
Posts: 664
Likes: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMBER1VOLFAN View Post
I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too
Exactly! This just backs up the OP's #3 and a gripe I've had but never voiced it.... Until now. I just don't understand, what would it take for students to show up? I mean, I even went to Miss St basketball games when I went to school there even though I wasn't a fan (always bleed orange). It was, at the very least, something to do.

I see other teams in the big 12 and big 10 who have worse records than us who have 50x the student body support than we do. I just don't get it.

Last edited by gatorhater1509; 02-11-2017 at 10:33 PM..
gatorhater1509 is offline  
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #15
CoaxialOrange
Senior Member
 
CoaxialOrange's Avatar

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Join Date: Dec 2015
Only 3 things upset me today
Location: VA
Posts: 1,840
Likes: 1,933
I guess Rick is going to have to run shirtless with body paint into TBA
CoaxialOrange is online now  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.