2308 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Only 3 things upset me today. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-11-2017, 08:37 PM   #1
OrngeJuiceJones

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Only 3 things upset me today

Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.

Last edited by OrngeJuiceJones; 02-11-2017 at 08:40 PM..
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
508mikey

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:11 PM   #3
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.
VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #4
OrngeJuiceJones

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhater1509 View Post
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.
The student section stuff must be addressed. Immediately.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
twoffo

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
It'd be pretty simple to have a line for people with 300 level seats to occupy empty seats in that section. Give the students until 15 minutes before the game starts then open the remaining seats to those in line.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #6
CoaxialOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game
Unfortunately didn't get a picture of it today but yeah it's there. Also a small couch or loveseat on the baseline. If they want to call themselves the Rowdies they might should show up. JMO
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:49 PM   #7
1Ooltevol

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
My wife and I went to a concert at The Bridgestone in Nashville before Christmas. They had a similar setup on the floor to what is mentioned by the OP in #3. I thought of that as soon as I saw the sofas and tables in the student section at the Tommy Bowl. It's more than a little upsetting that we have the kind of space necessary for something like that at floor level behind the goal. Should be packed with fans.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:56 PM   #8
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
The student section stuff must be addressed. Immediately.
100% agree but what could they do? I assume seating is offered for free. That would be enough for me.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #9
OrangeDog
NSD---February 7th, 2018

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Free tickets at OCI if you buy....drink 4 beers before game

or whatever OCI (Goal Post) is called these days.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:58 PM   #10
armchair

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #11
OrngeJuiceJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.
Just extended man to man
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:16 PM   #12
NUMBER1VOLFAN

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:19 PM   #13
calban
Now Follow the Orange PIG

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
That was Barnes' main point in post game. didn't have anyone who could defend Frazier. Musta said his name 20 times.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #14
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMBER1VOLFAN View Post
I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too
Exactly! This just backs up the OP's #3 and a gripe I've had but never voiced it.... Until now. I just don't understand, what would it take for students to show up? I mean, I even went to Miss St basketball games when I went to school there even though I wasn't a fan (always bleed orange). It was, at the very least, something to do.

I see other teams in the big 12 and big 10 who have worse records than us who have 50x the student body support than we do. I just don't get it.

Last edited by gatorhater1509; 02-11-2017 at 10:33 PM..
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #15
CoaxialOrange

I guess Rick is going to have to run shirtless with body paint into TBA
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP