Only 3 things upset me today

OrngeJuiceJones

Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game

Reactions: 2 people
Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.

Reactions: 7 people
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. I noticed this when I went to the Miss St game a few weeks ago. I would guess the reason for the couch and tables are the lack of student support which is embarrassing in itself. It's honestly pathetic that there's like 13 sections for students but they can't even fill 1. It seems they're only 20-30 students there every game except for Kentucky. I wish I could get in for free and be down low... I'd be there every game.

The student section stuff must be addressed. Immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
It'd be pretty simple to have a line for people with 300 level seats to occupy empty seats in that section. Give the students until 15 minutes before the game starts then open the remaining seats to those in line.

Reactions: 8 people
#3 sounds pretty stupid - who was the geek that thought that up ? Post a photo of it if you can next home game

Unfortunately didn't get a picture of it today but yeah it's there. Also a small couch or loveseat on the baseline. If they want to call themselves the Rowdies they might should show up. JMO

My wife and I went to a concert at The Bridgestone in Nashville before Christmas. They had a similar setup on the floor to what is mentioned by the OP in #3. I thought of that as soon as I saw the sofas and tables in the student section at the Tommy Bowl. It's more than a little upsetting that we have the kind of space necessary for something like that at floor level behind the goal. Should be packed with fans.

Reactions: 3 people
Free tickets at OCI if you buy....drink 4 beers before game

or whatever OCI (Goal Post) is called these days.

Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.

I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too

Reactions: 5 people
Did we play any zone today or in the second half, when we gave up, 43, points? If anything should be a rant, it was UT's lousy defense.

That was Barnes' main point in post game. didn't have anyone who could defend Frazier. Musta said his name 20 times.

I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too

Exactly! This just backs up the OP's #3 and a gripe I've had but never voiced it.... Until now. I just don't understand, what would it take for students to show up? I mean, I even went to Miss St basketball games when I went to school there even though I wasn't a fan (always bleed orange). It was, at the very least, something to do.

I see other teams in the big 12 and big 10 who have worse records than us who have 50x the student body support than we do. I just don't get it.

Last edited:
Why did Kwe Phillips not play today and try to guard Frazier? Frazier singlehandely kept Georgia in the game today.

Exactly! This just backs up the OP's #3 and a gripe I've had but never voiced it.... Until now. I just don't understand, what would it take for students to show up? I mean, I even went to Miss St basketball games when I went to school there even though I wasn't a fan (always bleed orange). It was, at the very least, something to do.

I see other teams in the big 12 and big 10 who have worse records than us who have 50x the student body support than we do. I just don't get it.

28,000+ students, they are allotted I think 5,200 seats and barely ever use 1,000. In fact a few games barely hit 200.

Rant over. Go Vols.

All the fuss about the students taunting Frazier is overblown, and only an issue because he torched us as he's seemingly always done against us. If he had struggled like Maten, we'd be praising the student section for getting in his head and making a difference. I know it's natural after a loss to try and find auxiliary things that may have made the difference, but that wasn't one of them.

All the fuss about the students taunting Frazier is overblown, and only an issue because he torched us as he's seemingly always done against us. If he had struggled like Maten, we'd be praising the student section for getting in his head and making a difference. I know it's natural after a loss to try and find auxiliary things that may have made the difference, but that wasn't one of them.

It just sounded stupid chanting "Frazier" over and over in unison by like 30 people. Just make noise, alot of it.

It just sounded stupid chanting "Frazier" over and over in unison by like 30 people. Just make noise, alot of it.

And I'd bet you'd have felt differently if he had 5 points on 2-15 shooting, he looked visibly shaken by the crowd, and we beat UGA by 20 points.

I'm just saying that it only appears dumb now because he lit us up like he always does. In a game where we blow a double-digit 2nd half lead, it just seems like a silly thing to complain about. There's plenty else to legitimately complain about, but to each their own. I'm just happy the crowd was into the game and heckled someone instead of staying home or coming and sitting on their hands.

Why did Kwe Phillips not play today and try to guard Frazier? Frazier singlehandely kept Georgia in the game today.

I wonder if Parker was being disciplined. He was dressed out though.

TN only had 5 turnovers tonight. Maybe that had something to do with Bone, Turner, and Shembari handling the PG spot.

Bowden was on Frazier for at least one trip. It didn't end well.

VN Store

Back