2215 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Only 3 things upset me today Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #16
sport3500

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Why did Kwe Phillips not play today and try to guard Frazier? Frazier singlehandely kept Georgia in the game today.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #17
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoaxialOrange View Post
I guess Rick is going to have to run shirtless with body paint into TBA
I don't know whether to laugh or get pissed off.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:37 PM   #18
CoaxialOrange

Only 3 things upset me today
That's Tennessee basketball in a nutshell this year
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:39 PM   #19
Johnnyreb#VFL

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Smh @ 2. You scared bro?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #20
OrngeJuiceJones

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhater1509 View Post
Exactly! This just backs up the OP's #3 and a gripe I've had but never voiced it.... Until now. I just don't understand, what would it take for students to show up? I mean, I even went to Miss St basketball games when I went to school there even though I wasn't a fan (always bleed orange). It was, at the very least, something to do.

I see other teams in the big 12 and big 10 who have worse records than us who have 50x the student body support than we do. I just don't get it.
28,000+ students, they are allotted I think 5,200 seats and barely ever use 1,000. In fact a few games barely hit 200.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:08 PM   #21
cncchris33

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Wasn't our effort, or gameplan offensively, especially not turnovers considering we had I think 5 total. It was..

1. The decision to start guarding Frazier 35 feet away. Why? He wAs simply going to blow by anyone out that far. I think packing it inside the arc, even maybe a zone may have slowed him down from straight line layups and driving a dishing.

2. Why were our fans (mostly students) chanting "Frazier" over and over all game? Way to go, you ticked him off.

3. Last but absolutely not least, and in my opinion a total joke and embarrassment, furniture/couches and tables in the student section. Why have we even put chairs back there anyway? That section behind the goal used to be fun, creative, and loud. Now there's damn tables and couches and even up until the final minute people sitting on their phones socializing. This needs to be addressed to someone at UT and done away with.

Rant over. Go Vols.
All the fuss about the students taunting Frazier is overblown, and only an issue because he torched us as he's seemingly always done against us. If he had struggled like Maten, we'd be praising the student section for getting in his head and making a difference. I know it's natural after a loss to try and find auxiliary things that may have made the difference, but that wasn't one of them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #22
cncchris33

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport3500 View Post
Why did Kwe Phillips not play today and try to guard Frazier? Frazier singlehandely kept Georgia in the game today.
Kwe Phillips? Smh
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:18 PM   #23
OrngeJuiceJones

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncchris33 View Post
All the fuss about the students taunting Frazier is overblown, and only an issue because he torched us as he's seemingly always done against us. If he had struggled like Maten, we'd be praising the student section for getting in his head and making a difference. I know it's natural after a loss to try and find auxiliary things that may have made the difference, but that wasn't one of them.
It just sounded stupid chanting "Frazier" over and over in unison by like 30 people. Just make noise, alot of it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #24
cncchris33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
It just sounded stupid chanting "Frazier" over and over in unison by like 30 people. Just make noise, alot of it.
And I'd bet you'd have felt differently if he had 5 points on 2-15 shooting, he looked visibly shaken by the crowd, and we beat UGA by 20 points.

I'm just saying that it only appears dumb now because he lit us up like he always does. In a game where we blow a double-digit 2nd half lead, it just seems like a silly thing to complain about. There's plenty else to legitimately complain about, but to each their own. I'm just happy the crowd was into the game and heckled someone instead of staying home or coming and sitting on their hands.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #25
Thunder Good-Oil

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
I wonder if Parker was being disciplined. He was dressed out though.

TN only had 5 turnovers tonight. Maybe that had something to do with Bone, Turner, and Shembari handling the PG spot.

Bowden was on Frazier for at least one trip. It didn't end well.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #26
Thunder Good-Oil

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Was it Florida students that waived pictures of Dane Bradshaw's sister at him? I thought that that was pretty funny. Seems like DB thought so too.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:35 PM   #27
OrngeJuiceJones

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncchris33 View Post
And I'd bet you'd have felt differently if he had 5 points on 2-15 shooting, he looked visibly shaken by the crowd, and we beat UGA by 20 points.

I'm just saying that it only appears dumb now because he lit us up like he always does. In a game where we blow a double-digit 2nd half lead, it just seems like a silly thing to complain about. There's plenty else to legitimately complain about, but to each their own. I'm just happy the crowd was into the game and heckled someone instead of staying home or coming and sitting on their hands.
I was saying it 5 mins into the game how dumb it sounded.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #28
vols 30

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Parker can't shoot, can't pass , and struggles to bring the ball up.

He's athletic, but that's it for right now
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #29
SmokinBob
(♀)

Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today Only 3 things upset me today
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUMBER1VOLFAN View Post
I graduated in 76. Stood in line for Student Tickets. Watched The Ernie & Bernie Show for 2 years. We had True Students who appreciated the game then. Of course, it was a more competitive team than what we have now, but we always showed up at Stokley and it was loud. We let the other team know they were in for a battle. I think we paid $2.00 back then (not sure). Maybe we're not in the top 25, but show your support. Recruits see what the fan base is, and the students define it. No fan base, no good recruits. Makes it harder for Rick Barnes too
I graduated in 78 - same Ernie & Bernie show - we camped out for our student tickets and we were loud!!! Duke and UNC had nothing on us! Student fan support is huge basketball!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #30
RollerVol

OP...only three things...hey, we're getting better...

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote TOP