5788 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on I still believe TN will go to NCAAT Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #61
bleedingTNorange

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
That may be but it's February 12 and they are 14-11 and 5-7 in the SEC. They may have been picked 3rd in the conference but they came into the game with a worse record than us so I don't see a problem saying they are similar to us.

The proof is in the pudding, not the predicitions.
I don't think you can simply look at records to dictate the better team, if that was the case vegas wouldn't need guys to set the spread.
bleedingTNorange is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 04:18 PM   #62
Ace

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by whobethis16 View Post
These guys have also played more games with a longer clock than they have before this season. So, yes, the being young and freshmen argument is still a valid reason. The freshman wall is a thing. These guys have not necessarily run into it, but it's clear that many are leaning on it. Growing pains suck.
I think this is a biggest factor in our play than anything else. Long season, school work, pressure, bumps and bruises all add up. I am proud of this team. They have played way above expectations. And still have a shot at making some noise.
Ace is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #63
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
You can be super impressed with the development about the team (which I am) and still disappointed with how the late leads have evaporated.
zjcvols is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 12:04 PM   #64
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
You can be super impressed with the development about the team (which I am) and still disappointed with how the late leads have evaporated.
I think this is the best way to describe it.

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
VolsSportsFan is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #65
Catbone
8-5 After Bowl, Book It.

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Exactly.
Catbone is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-13-2017, 04:06 PM   #66
bleedingTNorange

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
100%, very disappointing. You look at, I believe it's now 6 blown double digits leads? Tennessee would be 19-5(9-3), quite possibly ranked in the top 25, a lock for the NCAAT, playing for the SEC regular season title and probably the best story in CBB.
bleedingTNorange is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-15-2017, 03:22 AM   #67
VolsRule

Hopefully UT can make the nit
VolsRule is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #68
General Jack
Vorschlaghammer

I wouldn't mind the NIT as long as our guys continue to show up and play hard. It would be great if we could make the final 4 - do they still play at Madison Square Garden? That would be a great trip.
General Jack is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #69
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jack View Post
I wouldn't mind the NIT as long as our guys continue to show up and play hard. It would be great if we could make the final 4 - do they still play at Madison Square Garden? That would be a great trip.
I believe so... with a consolation game for the FF losers. In 1985 Devoe lost to Indiana and the beat Louisville in the consolation game.
Thunder Good-Oil is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #70
VolnJC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Jack View Post
Yeah March 28th and 30th, I wouldn't mind going up seeing them play if they make it. I think the NIT gets unfair treatment...it's a good tourney and has been around for 80 years now

NIT Men's Basketball Tickets | NCAA.com
VolnJC is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #71
vols 30

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
No chance
Negavol
vols 30 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2017, 07:46 PM   #72
Catbone
8-5 After Bowl, Book It.

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols 30 View Post
Negavol
Kinda funny how hypocritical he is.
Catbone is online now   Reply With Quote TOP