I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT  
2554 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on I still believe TN will go to NCAAT Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-11-2017, 11:17 PM   #31
Johnnyreb#VFL

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport3500 View Post
Ut has bad losses to Georgia and Mississippi State. The only way that I think UT gets into the NCAA Tournament is to win the rest of their games including the SEC Tournament.
Wow
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #32
djohnnyg

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
If Vols win SEC tourney ...which there is no way in hell they will...then they get in by automatic bid. Heck..Austin Peay's 18-18 team made the tourney by winning the OVC last year.

Disappointing loss but par for the course for all the Vol sports this year. So erratic. Up and down. You get excited after a big win and think big thoughts...then...the inevitable let down. Football, womens bball and mens bball all the same thing. After every big win...there's a bad loss lurking around the corner.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-11-2017, 11:32 PM   #33
Thunder Good-Oil

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
With the 4 seed and double bye, TN had a shot at winning the SECT. Now they're in danger of being in the last 4 and having to play Wednesday. No way they can pull off 5 consecutive Ws.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 AM   #34
kentucky sucks

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
This is a young team. They're gonna figure out how to play 40 minutes. Let's hope they do that before the SEC tournament.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 10:08 AM   #35
terrypedigo

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
You can't blow leads like we have and expect to go dancing this team will be walking to the NIT second round defeat Tennessee is a NIT program in basketball like we are a 8 win program in football just how it is these days nothing changing any time soon, most on here can't stand the truth but we are not elite anymore in any men's sport we are a mid pack program in most sports its just who we are.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 10:55 AM   #36
Biopsyman

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
No chance.. The best they are hope for is a 12 seed.. That ship has sailed
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #37
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vols 30 View Post
This late in the year, I'm not going to use that has an excuse. Grant is young, and he's stepping up. Bowden, Bone , Turner - these guys need to step up.
This.

We're almost to the end of the regular season, so IMO the young excuse isn't going to cover 2 big lead collapses in 7 days.

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:09 AM   #38
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRVOL11 View Post
I like how you guys still believe after how many times this team blows games lol
You borderline on troll status here.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:11 AM   #39
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVolFan View Post
A deep run in the NIT would be good for this team, vs. one and done in the big dance.
Just.....no.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #40
VolFreakJosh

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
This.

We're almost to the end of the regular season, so IMO the young excuse isn't going to cover 2 big lead collapses in 7 days.
Oh for crying out loud. They're still freshman and they're going to continue to make mistakes. I don't care if it's the beggining of the season or the end of the season, our team is one of the youngest in the country. To get where they're at right now under Barnes, is outstanding. We're still lacking another playmaker to make this team complete. It will all come together sooner or later. Just going to have to make the best of it cause no one was expecting this team to come this far.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #41
BigZiti09
Sheep

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Knee jerking in full effect over the last 18 hours
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #42
cwbytruckers

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
The loss yesterday had nothing to do with being young. Georgia is better than their record. 3 straight losses to the top 3 sec teams. Could have been 16-8 yeaterday had they played any other 3 teams before us. So the loss isnt about being young. Its about Frasier taking over a game in the second half. The dude is a freak at point guard. He will be playing next level somewhere. Our issues yesterday were missed freethrows when we needed them and shots going half way down and out multiple times.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #43
Thunder Good-Oil

The "they're not freshmen anymore" narrative doesn't really apply with this TN team. That works more for a freshman or two that have been brought along gradually on a team loaded with veterans. In TN's situation this year, the freshmen are getting half of the minutes. They've been rode hard for months in games AND practices. Sure, they're now more experienced. But they're also winding down their longest season of highly competitive ball versus players much mature and physically imposing than they've ever faced in their lives. Plus they have the pressure of keeping up in the classroom as well. It's a lot different than high school and AAU ball. They could probably benefit from some time off at this point, but instead the intensity ramps up over the last month+ at this level. I hope that they can step up and close out strong... but they're freshmen.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #44
calban
Now Follow the Orange PIG

I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT I still believe TN will go to NCAAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
The "they're not freshmen anymore" narrative doesn't really apply with this TN team. That works more for a freshman or two that have been brought along gradually on a team loaded with veterans. In TN's situation this year, the freshmen are getting half of the minutes. They've been rode hard for months in games AND practices. Sure, they're now more experienced. But they're also winding down their longest season of highly competitive ball versus players much mature and physically imposing than they've ever faced in their lives. Plus they have the pressure of keeping up in the classroom as well. It's a lot different than high school and AAU ball. They could probably benefit from some time off at this point, but instead the intensity ramps up over the last month+ at this level. I hope that they can step up and close out strong... but they're freshmen.
i wonder if Barnes eases off on the intensity of practices this time of year.
Supposedly his practices are harder than games.
Heard one analyst that said some coaches ease off because players are feeling the fatigue this late.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:15 PM   #45
vols 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZiti09 View Post
Knee jerking in full effect over the last 18 hours
As long as it's just the knee
Reply With Quote TOP