Big Leads Lost

snapcracklepop

I can not remember another basketball team having so many big leads against quality opponents only to waste them away. It makes me absolutely sick.

I'm not a moral victory guy, but I really hope these baby Vols are learning lessons from this crazy lead losing epidemic this year.

They are so fun to watch, and I really look forward to the future.

Reactions: 2 people
hey, schizophrenic or what...they are fun to watch...yeah, it'll get better...think we may have a couple nice recruits coming in, and it's not over yet...:)

GO VOLS!

how many games has this team lost by leading by double digits ? unreal

Off the top of my head, UNC, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Georgia. Coach Barnes can develop them and put them in a position to win, but he cannot make the guys play with heart. Tonight they played like nothing was on the line. I will not doubt the effort in this team, but they still lack the ability to finish an opponent. As Coach Barnes said, maybe they still need to find that passion to want to win.

Also, why did they leave Turner on JJ? He could not guard him, but then again it seemed like nobody could. We fouled out one of their best players and still could not put it away. Blew a double digit lead in 3-4 minutes. Bone leaves the game early in the 2nd and does not return until less than a minute left. And Hubbs was 3-13 shooting. That's rough.

It is hard to be a Tennessee Vols fan. But I will always cheer on my Vols! On to the next!

Reactions: 1 person
I want to say 6. Oregon, UNC, Arkansas, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Georgia.

They can be really good if they can find a way to stop blowing games. I know they are young but that cant be used as an excuse anymore. That is 6 games that they have given away. They would be 20-5 and setting pretty right now.

Off the top of my head, UNC, Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Georgia. Coach Barnes can develop them and put them in a position to win, but he cannot make the guys play with heart. Tonight they played like nothing was on the line. I will not doubt the effort in this team, but they still lack the ability to finish an opponent. As Coach Barnes said, maybe they still need to find that passion to want to win.

Also, why did they leave Turner on JJ? He could not guard him, but then again it seemed like nobody could. We fouled out one of their best players and still could not put it away. Blew a double digit lead in 3-4 minutes. Bone leaves the game early in the 2nd and does not return until less than a minute left. And Hubbs was 3-13 shooting. That's rough.

It is hard to be a Tennessee Vols fan. But I will always cheer on my Vols! On to the next!

Tn plays good when they are able to run their offense and slow it down and then out of nowhere they start coming down and start jacking up 3s and they lose the momentum they had. Grant Williams is a stud.

I watched this kid JJ play in high school and he was just unreal. Nobody could guard him then and he is hard to guard.

Hubbs took some bad shots and Schofield shouldn't be shooting late in a close game. I would have like to have seen more drive and dish/kick out plays. We seemed to get in around 8 feet and then let the D force us into a turnaround jumper. Those shots are only easy for NBA players.

To be expected when you have up and down senior leadership.

I can not remember another basketball team having so many big leads against quality opponents only to waste them away. It makes me absolutely sick.

I'm not a moral victory guy, but I really hope these baby Vols are learning lessons from this crazy lead losing epidemic this year.

They are so fun to watch, and I really look forward to the future.

I remember one...UT Football, 2015 season.

It is sickening to think where this team could be if not for the blown leads. Last Saturday made me wanna get a divorce with my wife ringing her dumb cowbell.

Just remember how young this team is and the expectations going into the yr. Regardless of what happens the rest of this yr, I look forward to watching them grow and get more consistent.

I guess you have to put it all into perspective. They have already won about 7 games more than anyone of the experts predicted, knocked off Kentucky, and nearly beat NCAR.

It is sickening to think where this team could be if not for the blown leads. Last Saturday made me wanna get a divorce with my wife ringing her dumb cowbell.

Just remember how young this team is and the expectations going into the yr. Regardless of what happens the rest of this yr, I look forward to watching them grow and get more consistent.

Dude... that's pretty funny lol

giphy.gif

Tn plays good when they are able to run their offense and slow it down and then out of nowhere they start coming down and start jacking up 3s and they lose the momentum they had. Grant Williams is a stud.

I watched this kid JJ play in high school and he was just unreal. Nobody could guard him then and he is hard to guard.

It's like a script and you can see it coming.
Get the 10+ lead.
Start running clock and taking bad or desperation shots to beat the buzzer.
Lose rhythm. Lose focus. Lose Lead.

Just keep playing guys.

Hubbs took some bad shots and Schofield shouldn't be shooting late in a close game. I would have like to have seen more drive and dish/kick out plays. We seemed to get in around 8 feet and then let the D force us into a turnaround jumper. Those shots are only easy for NBA players.

I thought Hubbs took very good shots, but missed some of them badly. It looked like his shots, the ones he's been hitting all year, but he was just OFF. I think he's gimpier than he's letting on. During one of the late time outs, Rick looked right at him and said, "You all right?"

VN Store

Back