Tennessee can't keep 'old man' Hubbs off the floor

kamoshika

“An old man like him and Lew (Evans)," Williams said, "it makes it feel good when they make a hustle play and run out of bounds to save the ball because they don’t get that a lot. Seeing him doing that, having that play happen, it elevated us. Even the bench, you could see it if you go back to the film, they probably started jumping up and down because of it.”

Asked about being called “an old man” by his rookie teammate, Hubbs was back to laughing. He’s too old for a comeback. “Nah,” Hubbs said. “Everybody knows I’m old. But I still get the job done.”

Tennessee Vols basketball can't keep 'old man' Robert Hubbs off the floor

Reactions: 5 people
The play where Hubbs saved the ball from going out and turning it into 2 points epitomizes this season for him and the changes he has made in his effort. Very proud of and for him.

Reactions: 4 people
Completely different player than last season.
Playing thru injuries and still getting the job done.
Heart of a 5 star.

Reactions: 3 people
Heart of a 5 star.

Please don't say heart and 5 star together after the butch jones statement lol. I do however agree, and he played sick last night too.

Heart of a 5 star.

First season with the same coach as last season - it makes a difference. Thanks Robert for sticking with us and glad to see you playing up to your full potential.

Reactions: 3 people
Hubbs has been through so much in his time here. I really hope this team gets an NCAA tourney berth for him.

Hubbs is a "Champion of Life" for sure. As for the "Old Man" part I am not so sure about that.

"old man" Hubbs...that's just too funny, but losing him wouldn't be funny at all...so glad he's a Vol...:pepper::yahoo:

GO VOLS!

The play where Hubbs saved the ball from going out and turning it into 2 points epitomizes this season for him and the changes he has made in his effort. Very proud of and for him.

If you are talking about when the corner three was missed but the player followed his shot, swiped it away from the defender and threw it back in bounds to one of our players. That was Williams. But if you are referring to another play, then nevermind, lol.

I'll say it... "He's a five star player with a five star heart!" RB knows what that means, and Butch does too. Believe me, we've had some five star players with zero heart, and we've had 2 and 3 star players with 1 star hearts! Give me the 5 star heart any day! In fact throughout the history of the program, some of Tennessee's greatest players have been players with 2 star talent but 5 star hearts. Does anyone remember Tony Thompson, Darryl Dickey, Dale Jones, and a host of others for whom the moniker is appropriate, "5 Star heart!" VFL, GBO!

Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
I'm a lot like you were.
Old man look at my life,
Twenty four
and there's so much more
Live alone in a paradise
That makes me think of two.

Neil Young saw this day, and was glad...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back