This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing  
646 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on This loss changes nothing. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-04-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
DeepSpringsVol
Go Permian! Go MOJO!!!!

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
This loss changes nothing

Losing today changes nothing. We are on the right path. We are a tough out for every team on our schedule. We are on a mission. I have gone to games since I was a kid. This is the first time I'm making this prediction. Forget the bubble. We break the curse this year and win the SEC tournament and pop someone else's bubble. We are cutting down nets and going dancing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #2
CAVPUT

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Team will look back on selection day and remember 3 games that they should have taken....today being one...and play the woulda, coulda, shoulda song.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:47 PM   #3
Johnnyreb#VFL

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSpringsVol View Post
Losing today changes nothing. We are on the right path. We are a tough out for every team on our schedule. We are on a mission. I have gone to games since I was a kid. This is the first time I'm making this prediction. Forget the bubble. We break the curse this year and win the SEC tournament and pop someone else's bubble. We are cutting down nets and going dancing.
Came here to ask this very question. They stunk it up bad today, really bad. But K St beating Baylor has to help our RPI. We can't have another one of these games like we had today though. Margin for error got A LOT smaller today.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
buck_fama

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSpringsVol View Post
Wish I could share your optimism but at this stage in the season giving up a 19 pt lead to a terrible team and losing changes a lot. This sets the team back on its mission.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #5
cncchris33

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck_fama View Post
Wish I could share your optimism but at this stage in the season giving up a 19 pt lead to a terrible team and losing changes a lot. This sets the team back on its mission.
A little dramatic. MSU is not a terrible team.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:01 PM   #6
OrangeAllDay

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
This has happened 4 or 5 times this year. They are young and it's what's expected of a young team. Set backs and this team shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence. We weren't supposed to be here at this point in the game. Be grateful somehow we are
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
bleedingTNorange

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Drive by
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:05 PM   #8
OrangeAllDay

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
Drive by
Man those people suck
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
OrngeJuiceJones

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Original poster is correct. The NCAA team Cuonzo had was 12-11 at this very time in the season with a high RPI and schedule. In my opinion, and it hasn't changed in two weeks, our number is 18 regular season wins to put us squarely on the bubble. 18 wins plus 2 in Nashville makes us 20-14 and a lock in my opinion. If we finish over 18 regular season wins we're in bottom line. We must go 5-3 or better in our last 8 with 5 of these being home games. This is very entirely possible. Today hurt yes, and yes the officials in both games in Mississippi were attrocious, but it did not ruin our chances. Our bubble has not burst.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:22 PM   #10
sccshortstop

hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Original poster is correct. The NCAA team Cuonzo had was 12-11 at this very time in the season with a high RPI and schedule. In my opinion, and it hasn't changed in two weeks, our number is 18 regular season wins to put us squarely on the bubble. 18 wins plus 2 in Nashville makes us 20-14 and a lock in my opinion. If we finish over 18 regular season wins we're in bottom line. We must go 5-3 or better in our last 8 with 5 of these being home games. This is very entirely possible. Today hurt yes, and yes the officials in both games in Mississippi were attrocious, but it did not ruin our chances. Our bubble has not burst.
And we were just as Attrocious on the court. Ole Ms beat us and we beat us at MSU. I am on the fence but maybe we can get in some way or the other. No more of these type games or we are looking in from the outside. JMHO
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #11
InVOLuntary

Anybody catch the Barnes comments after the game? Interested in his take.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #12
gatorhater1509
Eat More Gator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVOLuntary View Post
Anybody catch the Barnes comments after the game? Interested in his take.
The way I took it was he wasn't happy with the officiating but didn't blame the loss on that. I believe he said you can't turn the ball over as many times as we did and miss that many free throws and expect to win the game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 09:24 PM   #13
InVOLuntary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorhater1509 View Post
The way I took it was he wasn't happy with the officiating but didn't blame the loss on that. I believe he said you can't turn the ball over as many times as we did and miss that many free throws and expect to win the game.
Thanks. I'm sure he was disgusted as many of us were.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 09:57 PM   #14
1985Vols

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
We can forget any post season tourney if our Senior leader doesn't show better leadership than he did today. Hubbs pulled another one of his " no show" games and I wish Barnes would sit him on the bench when he comes out and looks completely uninterested like he did today. He had been playing like an All SEC player the past couple of weeks .. Not sure what his problem was today.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 PM   #15
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Vols View Post
We can forget any post season tourney if our Senior leader doesn't show better leadership than he did today. Hubbs pulled another one of his " no show" games and I wish Barnes would sit him on the bench when he comes out and looks completely uninterested like he did today. He had been playing like an All SEC player the past couple of weeks .. Not sure what his problem was today.
Hubbs was drawing all sorts of attention from Mississippi State's defense and Bowden didn't step up, Turner didn't step up, and Williams was in foul trouble almost the entire game. You have nights like this when half of your rotation is freshmen.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP