2016 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on This loss changes nothing Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-04-2017, 10:17 PM   #16
Special Ed
Massive Member

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Any more like this and we'll transfer from the ncaa bubble to the NIT bubble.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #17
OrngeJuiceJones

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Is it just me or does it seem the officials are really picking on Grant Williams lately? He's as undersized as any big we've ever had yet they're calling him for garbage. Won't let him be physical at all, lots of touch fouls.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 10:24 PM   #18
sport3500

This is a young club that is still learning how to play hard consistently for 40 minutes and we will be lucky to get an NIT Bid this season.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 10:38 PM   #19
VolGee4

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport3500 View Post
This is a young club that is still learning how to play hard consistently for 40 minutes and we will be lucky to get an NIT Bid this season.
If we finish 5-3, we will be dissecting the bubble and won't be lucky to get into the NIT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 10:47 PM   #20
cncchris33

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrngeJuiceJones View Post
Is it just me or does it seem the officials are really picking on Grant Williams lately? He's as undersized as any big we've ever had yet they're calling him for garbage. Won't let him be physical at all, lots of touch fouls.
I don't think you can give him the benefit of the doubt just because he's undersized. If anything, being undersized means he has to cut corners against bigger players. He'll have to adjust. He has shown signs of undisciplined play defensively at times. He just has to learn to defend without fouling. I think he does well at that at times, but then picks up some ticky-tack fouls as well. Just part of the learning curve for a freshman.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 11:05 PM   #21
tnburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVPUT View Post
Team will look back on selection day and remember 3 games that they should have taken....today being one...and play the woulda, coulda, shoulda song.
Yep. And lots of people here too. Just like the guy at the bar watching the Super Bowl tomorrow telling anyone who will listen how he was a big shot player back whenever and if it wasn't for that knee injury he would've made it big...

I'm sick and tired how a lot of the teams at UT has become Jeykll and Hyde. Football, basketball, men, women whatever. They play lights out one day but then lay a turd the next...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 11:23 PM   #22
VolGee4

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnburban View Post
Yep. And lots of people here too. Just like the guy at the bar watching the Super Bowl tomorrow telling anyone who will listen how he was a big shot player back whenever and if it wasn't for that knee injury he would've made it big...

I'm sick and tired how a lot of the teams at UT has become Jeykll and Hyde. Football, basketball, men, women whatever. They play lights out one day but then lay a turd the next...
It's not difficult to understand why this basketball team does it. I said before the season that fans will need to be patient. They would win some they shouldn't and lose some they shouldn't. Young team. Been following basketball too long to think otherwise.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 01:14 AM   #23
The Dog

When we beat Georgia, we will be right back where we were, plus.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 08:11 AM   #24
DeepSpringsVol
Go Permian! Go MOJO!!!!

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
I stand by my statement. I feel we win the SEC tournament this year and break the streak getting that monkey off our back.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #25
StrangeVol

This loss changes nothing
This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
I watched them play USCe yesterday, so I wouldn't count those chickens just yet. UGA is playing well and they have size too.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 08:24 AM   #26
vols 30

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
Got to beat Ole Miss first.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #27
dan4vols
VN GURU

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing

Last edited by dan4vols; 02-05-2017 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 08:46 AM   #28
cncchris33

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4vols View Post
As a fan I'm not upset when they lose because they were out coached or out played by athletic talent. But to lose to an opponent they should've beaten by 15 because they were out hustled, out efforted, they look like low character no heart second rate street ball players that will be watching the tourney at a frat house. This is Tennessee, in any sport, the potential talent to run with anyone. But the team that breaks the heart of their fan base because they don't always feel like a full effort.
Please tell me that this is the first Tennessee basketball game you've watched this year, or that you're colorblind and were actually watching Kentucky last night and simply got confused.

That bolded statement is the last thing anyone with any sense would use to describe this team's body of work to this point. I will agree that MSU beat them on the boards and to most loose balls in the 2nd half, but your sentiment seems to go beyond the spectrum of yesterday's game. Hopefully it was just poor wording, because it couldn't be any further from the truth otherwise.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 08:47 AM   #29
IPleadInsanity

I am impressed, they play crazy good basketball on the road. I was not expecting anywhere near this level of quality this season. Not only did Barnes find diamonds in the rough he coached them up and zero coach speak in the press conferences. This is what happens when you hire qualified employees. Wish the football team had quality experienced leadership like this.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #30
etsuvol13
Can I has more hot pocket

This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing This loss changes nothing
I try not to post much anymore, but a few posts in here drove me to it. How can you look at any game this team plays and just not be thrilled with what Barnes and Co are doing? This is a VERY YOUNG, and undersized team that is going to to toe with any and everyone. Despite what your panties in a wad attitude says, some need to calm down. Once we get some bigger bodies in here, this group will be awesome to watch. We might have lost yesterday, but I saw a team fighting and hungry. Shots just didn't fall after the half.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP