5467 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Horrible officiating Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-04-2017, 06:30 PM   #31
Thunder Good-Oil

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_Vol View Post
The officials didn't lose the game, but they sure didn't help
They were a factor and TN was more affected. But that's on TN, not the refs.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 06:34 PM   #32
Thunder Good-Oil

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolGee4 View Post
I prefer calling it tighter the closer you get to the basket. But you still can't call an offensive foul for a clear out if the defender is touching the offensive player.
But defenders are allowed to touch the player they're guarding. Can't grab and hold, but touching isn't a foul. Schofield's push off was kind of high and the defender sold it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 06:36 PM   #33
OrangeBalls
Raise a lil hell...

I hate to blame a loss on refs. I have become accustomed to them being so bad that I expect a cluster***** every time they call a game. Hoops officiating is pretty awful at every level. Road teams have always gotten a lot of bad calls. That'll never change.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #34
Zues1

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Barnes on the radio adamant that was not goal tending at the end of the game. I thought the same thing when I saw it live. Without that call we still had a chance to pull it out. That iced the game
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #35
VolGee4

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
But defenders are allowed to touch the player they're guarding. Can't grab and hold, but touching isn't a foul. Schofield's push off was kind of high and the defender sold it.
I don't believe that's the rule. That's an NBA rule. A player cannot use his hands to prevent freedom of movement, and a defender cannot "keep" his hand on an offensive player.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #36
nirwin

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues1 View Post
Barnes on the radio adamant that was not goal tending at the end of the game. I thought the same thing when I saw it live. Without that call we still had a chance to pull it out. That iced the game
It was goaltending. If you look at it at 1 frame per second with a magnifying glass, the ball kissed the backboard a nanosecond before Williams touched it. However, I also remember when they didn't call North Carolina for the most obvious non-called goaltending I've ever seen and we lost that game by a basket.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:20 PM   #37
RollerVol

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Coach Barnes seemed to be talking and pointing a lot more today...not blaming the refs, but, he was very animated............

GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:21 PM   #38
UT_Dutchman

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetEmVols View Post
Went from dominating by 19 to blaming the refs.

We are losing because we can't shoot. They only ended up getting a point with that horrible foul call, so it isn't the reason.
Well that's it of course , I've noticed it in a couple games. The officials see us start to flounder and put the fouls to us. Now in most of those games recently we have shot ourselves back into a comfortable lead. This game it didn't happen.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #39
cncchris33

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirwin View Post
It was goaltending. If you look at it at 1 frame per second with a magnifying glass, the ball kissed the backboard a nanosecond before Williams touched it. However, I also remember when they didn't call North Carolina for the most obvious non-called goaltending I've ever seen and we lost that game by a basket.
I thought GW pinned it on the glass before the ball actually hit, but it was close.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #40
UT_Dutchman

Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating Horrible officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncchris33 View Post
I thought GW pinned it on the glass before the ball actually hit, but it was close.
He did, but it looked like he let it bounce.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #41
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT_Dutchman View Post
Well that's it of course , I've noticed it in a couple games. The officials see us start to flounder and put the fouls to us. Now in most of those games recently we have shot ourselves back into a comfortable lead. This game it didn't happen.
I seriously doubt that the refs let a floundering team influence what they're calling. Maybe they'll stop making calls in a blowout to speed up a game and get it over with, but a team's momentum in undecided games probably isn't a factor. The crowd could affect them though.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #42
edyeary

Quote:
Yep and the more you react on the road the worse they get. This game and the game at Ole Miss were awful. I'm seething over this ome.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:15 PM   #43
UT_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
I seriously doubt that the refs let a floundering team influence what they're calling. Maybe they'll stop making calls in a blowout to speed up a game and get it over with, but a team's momentum in undecided games probably isn't a factor. The crowd could affect them though.
Well like I said it was something I noticed, not pushing conspiracies, I have noticed 3 times now. Though Kentucky well that's well Kentucky.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #44
UT_Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by edyeary View Post
Yep and the more you react on the road the worse they get. This game and the game at Ole Miss were awful. I'm seething over this ome.
Yes sir, that is it. Remain calm cool and collected sometimes it goes away. we didn't.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #45
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Well like I said it was something I noticed, not pushing conspiracies, I have noticed 3 times now. Though Kentucky well that's well Kentucky.
All bets are off when it's KY
Reply With Quote TOP