737 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Any Information on Darius Thompson?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 PM   #1
snapcracklepop

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Any Information on Darius Thompson?

I have watched some of the Virginia game today, and I haven't seen him get any minutes. I hated to see him transfer, but I really hoped he would be successful at his new school. Does anyone have any inside scoop on the middle Tennessee prospect?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #2
OrangeAllDay

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapcracklepop View Post
I have watched some of the Virginia game today, and I haven't seen him get any minutes. I hated to see him transfer, but I really hoped he would be successful at his new school. Does anyone have any inside scoop on the middle Tennessee prospect?
I thought he was going to be a beast here. He's court vision was outstanding as a freshman but since he transferred I haven't kept up with him
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
Thunder Good-Oil

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Have minutes have been in decline over the last 5 weeks or so. His point production has been bad this year.

Darius Thompson 2016-17 GGame Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

I've not heard his name called in this Syracuse game, but I'm not paying close attention.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
Thunder Good-Oil

It's odd that he started EVERY game through December and NONE OV them in 2017. I wonder if somebody became eligible on 1/1/17?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
BruinVol

Glad he's gone. Barnes is too tough for him to play for and we are better off.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
I didn't like that he left. But his Dad is a coach and probably gave him some sound advice to get the hell out since Donnie was coming in.

He could have made a difference getting to the NIT the last two years.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
orbs son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
I didn't like that he left. But his Dad is a coach and probably gave him some sound advice to get the hell out since Donnie was coming in.

He could have made a difference getting to the NIT the last two years.
Would have been nice for Josh and Punter to play off the ball for sure.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
Ft.MyersVols

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
I work at UVA, and being a Vol alum, I've been following him pretty closely. His minutes are down a bit this year, 10-15 a game. Still productive and has a few highlight reel plays, but UVA has several very good freshman that split minutes with him. If you watched the Syracuse game today, you might have seen Jerome, Guy, and Diakite all in the floor at the same time- all true freshmen. I have a feeling Guy and Jerome will pass him on the depth chart quickly- they're both putting up some good numbers and play the same position as Darius. UVA is very good, and young (1 senior), it'll be tough to get additional minutes.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 08:45 PM   #9
vols 30

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Agree. Overrated IMO. Not by recruiting services, but by the hype he gets from some VN folk.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 AM   #10
GREENnTN

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
He seemed a step slow to me... would have never logged any minutes in RB's scheme
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #11
wmcovol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft.MyersVols View Post
I work at UVA, and being a Vol alum, I've been following him pretty closely. His minutes are down a bit this year, 10-15 a game. Still productive and has a few highlight reel plays, but UVA has several very good freshman that split minutes with him. If you watched the Syracuse game today, you might have seen Jerome, Guy, and Diakite all in the floor at the same time- all true freshmen. I have a feeling Guy and Jerome will pass him on the depth chart quickly- they're both putting up some good numbers and play the same position as Darius. UVA is very good, and young (1 senior), it'll be tough to get additional minutes.
wouldn't be surprised to see him grad transfer somewhere.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-06-2017, 12:24 PM   #12
volinSmyrna
VFL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENnTN View Post
He seemed a step slow to me... would have never logged any minutes in RB's scheme
In my opinion, it seemed like when he went to UVA he really bulked up in a move to not play the point. If he would have stayed, I think he would have done really well under Barnes. He has never really been a scorer, and his strength was running an offense and distributing. Granted, we don't have any dynamic scorers to distribute to right now....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-06-2017, 08:54 PM   #13
calban
Now Follow the Orange PIG

Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson? Any Information on Darius Thompson?
Played tonight against Louisville.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #14
Dallasbowlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Played good,too. UVA has UOFL'S number.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 PM   #15
Ft.MyersVols

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Yep, played pretty well too. 10 pts, 20 minutes, good energy. UVA doesn't run much, but DT is one of the more exciting players on the team.
Reply With Quote TOP