2961 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-31-2017, 11:47 PM   #31
RPAV

Yes all those star gazers woe is me look at what Bruce is doing signing all those undisciplined 4 star while Ricks misfit 3 star running circles around them on how to play the game.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-31-2017, 11:52 PM   #32
dougvolfan

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Our very young team of 3* players (and hubbs 5*) beat Pearls 4 and 5* players. I would like to see how far we could go with Pearls recruits.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #33
RPAV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougvolfan View Post
Our very young team of 3* players (and hubbs 5*) beat Pearls 4 and 5* players. I would like to see how far we could go with Pearls recruits.
I like ours. Yes they are athletic (Auburn) but do not play with basketball IQ. But yes they do have one or two you would like to see if you could coach them up.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #34
orange_glory

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
VOLS for SEC Tourney champs. Seriously.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 12:04 AM   #35
cncchris33

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
System fits, system fits, system fits.

Trust your own scouting, recruit players who fit your system, recruit kids who know how to win, recruit kids who will buy in and stick around. Stars be damned.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #36
Sudden Impact

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolZen View Post
I love Bruce, but this is some of the best, well rounded basketball we have seen from our Vols in ages.
Truth....
Old 02-01-2017, 12:12 AM   #37
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by whobethis16 View Post
I'm just going to leave this here.
I miss that guy like I miss a stomach virus.

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 02:05 AM   #38
Tenacguy50

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
I said in another thread a few days ago that I believe we are witnessing the first Final 4 TN team developing before our eyes.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 AM   #39
dan4vols
VN GURU

I recognize the progress coach Barnes has brought, and it's been fun even in losses watching the boys in orange being competitive as in the North Carolina game. But I sometimes wonder had coach Pearl been able to run a clean program with his recruiting and enthusiasm, his connections with the national commentators how far the Vols BB would have gone under him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 03:16 AM   #40
JFreak
Buck Fama

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacguy50 View Post
I said in another thread a few days ago that I believe we are witnessing the first Final 4 TN team developing before our eyes.
Calm down. What Barnes has done with this team has been absolutely phenomenal. They are playing some great bball right now. However, they are still a ways from even being a Sweet 16 team. Pray that they make the tournament and anything beyond that is a blessing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 04:50 AM   #41
whobethis16

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
I miss that guy like I miss a stomach virus.
I've got another fun one I'll share in a couple weeks. Just thought that was a fitting one after that game last night.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 05:19 AM   #42
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan4vols View Post
I recognize the progress coach Barnes has brought, and it's been fun even in losses watching the boys in orange being competitive as in the North Carolina game. But I sometimes wonder had coach Pearl been able to run a clean program with his recruiting and enthusiasm, his connections with the national commentators how far the Vols BB would have gone under him.
An Elite Eight
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 05:55 AM   #43
esarmstrong

Quote:
Just let it go, friend. That ship has sailed and Bruce won't be back.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 06:38 AM   #44
Thunder Good-Oil

After Lofton and J. Smith graduated, I thought that Pearl's TN offenses were pretty lame. Take away Weezy, Smith, and Harris and they were very lame.

Auburn's offense looked horrible last night. No structure, no discipline, and jacking up a ton of wild 3s.

I thought that the end of Pearl's tenure at TN was painful to watch. The shine was off of his act. Glad that he got us to #1 for one weekly poll, the EE, the SEC championship, and 6 NCAATs, but I'm also glad that he's no longer the TN coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #45
kentucky sucks

Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl Barnes is about to be 3-0 vs Pearl
Quote:
I think if you look at Auburn you'll see where we would be if Pearl ran a clean program. That's where his recruiting and enthusiasm has gotten them. We've got a real X's and O's coach now and I can't wait to see how far he can get us.
Reply With Quote TOP