The Official Tennessee @ Auburn Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 12-9 (4-4 SEC)

Kansas%20St%20Tennessee%20Basketball%20(2)

@

Auburn Tigers: 14-7 (3-5 SEC)

0128%20tcu%20men

JAN. 31 » AUBURN ARENA » AUBURN, ALA. » 8:05 P.M. CT

Line: Pick
O/U: 160

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 145, XM: 380
Online: WatchESPN

12398540.jpeg

Reactions: 2 people
Overall: UT leads, 77-38

In Knoxville: UT leads, 48-7

In Auburn: AU leads, 27-22

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 7-4

Current Streak: Tennessee has won two straight

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 97-59, in Nashville, 3/9/16

Rick Barnes vs. Auburn: 2-1

Rick Barnes vs. Bruce Pearl: Tied, 3-3

Reactions: 3 people
Give the Vols a four-game win streak, their longest of the season.

Give Tennessee three straight victories over Auburn and wins in 11 of its last 12 games vs. the Tigers.

Stand as Tennessee's fourth true road win. The Vols only posted one true road win a season ago.

Tennessee senior Robert Hubbs III is the reigning SEC Player of the Week.

Tennessee has ascended to No. 41 in the NCAA’s o cial RPI listing.

According to Ken Pomeroy of KenPom.com, Tennessee’s strength-of-schedule is the most difficult in the country.

Tennessee’s 1.3 assist/turnover ratio in SEC play ranks second in the conference.

Reactions: 4 people
I miss Bruce. Barnes is doing a great job, but I still hate seeing Bruce coach another team

Tennessee has a pretty good record in games coached by Bruce Pearl. I'm feeling good about this one.

Reactions: 2 people
If i know Bruce coached team and how Auburn likes to play this will come down to them making bad 3 point shots because they usually take alot of them at home.

I think that it's a big deal that Auburn starts 4 freshmen. Hopefully Barnes exploits that. Sometimes you can't overcome the other team having superior athletes though. Hopefully the refs call a game that favors TN's style of play and roster.

Not sure why but I have a bad feeling about this game. I felt good about Kentucky and Kansas, but this just feels like one Bruce can coach his guys up for now because we are on a streak and beating good teams. As we know, the one thing Bruce was best at was beating teams far superior to his with less talent (Texas his first year, Kentucky and Memphis and Florida when they went back to back, or Kansas when we lost our entire roster)

I also have work at 5 am in the morning, but I guess I'm gonna stay up tonight because I went to bed during the Kentucky game the second KY started to come back because I didn't want to see us lose as we have earlier in the year.

Auburn's point guard is the only one in really worried about. He can fill it up, may have to put shembari on him.

This game being a pick em' should tell you all you need to know, not gonna be an easy game, have to play like we did the last 3 if we want a W.

I don't think he's really out there to score. Defend, and do the little stuff. Wasn't he on monk most of the Kentucky game?

I think that Bowden was the primary defender on Monk. IIRC Shembari didn't have many minutes versus KSU.

Phillips played 11 minutes v Miss State (2 fouls), 10 minutes v KY (3 fouls), and only 5 minutes versus KSU.

Shembari game stats

Last edited:
Yeah, he has to step up tonight. Or put kwe on him. I would do a little line up shift tonight personally, the starting lineup is the same, but bring Parker off the bench to rest bone. Could be a chance for Parker to find rhythm. I know you don't want to mess with what's working, but doing so also moves turner to the 2 (his natural position,IMO)

VN Store

Back