Thank you Texas.

Murvilvol

Thank you for firing Rick Barnes. Barnes coached Texas to 16 NCAA tourneys in 17 years. Now look at Texas. They have a losing record now.

Rick Barnes inherited a mess at UT. With the way Cuonzo Martin quit after the 2014 season and the hiring of Donnie Tyndall hurt UT Basketball. It killed recruiting.

Rick Barnes can flat out coach. The improvement of Robert Hubbs,Admiral Schoefield and Kyle Alexander is because of coaching and player development. I believe he has an eye for talent. Jordan Bone,Lemonte Turner,Jordan Bowden,John Fulkerson and Grant Williams are darn good players. They may not be lottery picks but will help UT win lots of games in the future. I am curious how much Kwe Parker will improve. Can't wait to see Jalen Johnson play next season. I also believe when recruits see the product Barnes is putting out the big time players will show more interest. Saw some video on Zach Kent. I think he has potential. I think the future is bright at UT.

Reactions: 49 people
His ability to floor coach is not questionable. His ability to recruit elite talent to UT is still to be seen. Last 3 games have been one really nice run.

Reactions: 5 people
I think once the Big Name prospects sees the product Barnes is putting out they will come. There is a 2019 kid from Nashville showing a lot of interest named James Wiseman.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm pleased with these freshmen. They're just normal freshmen of course...not uk freshmen. But if we can keep these base 5. Bone, Bowden, Fulkerson, Turner and Williams. Maybe add another shooter and a big guy, we will have a really good team the next three seasons.

Still holding out hope for the tourney of course.

Reactions: 4 people
Yep, and the 'aa stuff looming after DT caused the admin to tow the line until the dust cleared. Either of the two AD candidates will help CRB get ramped back up on recruiting!

I am also curious what Texas is saying about Shaka smart ? Does anybody know ? He was on our radar a few years ago being possibly Bruce Pearl Junior, but two years in down there he isn't looking so great.

Dear Texas, thanks for Coaches Barnes and Neyland. We're square now. Signed. Tennessee Volunteers of 1836 and 2015-2017

Yep, and the 'aa stuff looming after DT caused the admin to tow the line until the dust cleared. Either of the two AD candidates will help CRB get ramped back up on recruiting!

I am also curious what Texas is saying about Shaka smart ? Does anybody know ? He was on our radar a few years ago being possibly Bruce Pearl Junior, but two years in down there he isn't looking so great.

Texas has an extremely young team too. They're struggling but Shaka will probably need another year to see what he has with the young guys

Rick Barnes is a solid coach who is coaching this team up and the freshmen are a good group to build on for the future.

Reactions: 2 people
And to think, up until a week ago, half the know-it-alls on this board would have gladly traded Barnes for Smart. Hmm.. maybe the AD does know more than the fans? But back on point, what Barnes has done has been absolutely phenomenal.

Reactions: 5 people
So proud of this Vol BB team! Game with USCe should be quite a contest...NOT for the faint of heart! GBO :thumbsup:

Texas has an extremely young team too. They're struggling but Shaka will probably need another year to see what he has with the young guys

Being outdone by Baylor cant sit well with them good ole boys down there

He's the anti Butch Jones. Great X's and O's coach but needs to recruit. Hoping his player development is speaking for itself.

Reactions: 1 person
He's the anti Butch Jones. Great X's and O's coach but needs to recruit. Hoping his player development is speaking for itself.

Barnes will be fine with his recruiting. The first priority was to stabilize the hot garbage of a program and get a solid core of players that will stick around for the long haul. Recruiting is a long term process... very few 4 or 5 stars were ever going to walk away from the schools that spent years developing a relationship with them in favor of an unstable, risky situation at the University if Tennessee with a recently fired, over 60 YO head coach. Now that Barnes is getting TN's program on a solid foundation and showing that he's a good coach (and not simply a recruiter), I won't be at all surprised to see the ratings of future signees trend upward. HOWEVER, there are only two open spots left in the 2017 class and potentially zero spots in the 2018 class. The 2019 class is the important one... Barnes will have had several years to convince the best in that class to come to Tennessee and the composition of the roster would provide a lot of opportunities for playing time. The 2017 signees face having one less year of experience and being behind (experience-wise) 8 others on the roster for 3 or 4 years.

The fact CRB comes to each game with a game plan to take away the opponents strength and the players are executing it to almost perfection tells me all I need to know. Barnes is a smart coach and players want to play and be coached by him.

The fact CRB comes to each game with a game plan to take away the opponents strength and the players are executing it to almost perfection tells me all I need to know. Barnes is a smart coach and players want to play and be coached by him.

Yes. And the game plan changes game to game which is something that didn't happen too much over the last decade or three.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back