Official Bubble Watch Thread

bleedingTNorange

Man it feels good to be able to make one of these threads again, been a few years since it was needed...I'm hopeful these young Vols keep things interesting and provide a reason to keep this thread busy over the next month or more.

I will post all sorts of info in this thread, in the past we've done daily games to watch with impact, links to brackets as they're updated, my own personal bubble list, RPI and KenPom updates and anything else that's relevant to Tennessee's chances of dancing.

Reactions: 4 people
If TN doesn't at least get a split out of the next two, this thread will die an ugly death. Unless you talkin' 'bout the NIT bubble.

Reactions: 1 person
If TN doesn't at least get a split out of the next two, this thread will die an ugly death. Unless you talkin' 'bout the NIT bubble.

Not necessarily true. At 12-9 we must hit 18 regular season wins no matter how. The two losses we can't take would be Missouri and LSU. They're like ranked in the 200s RPI.

Reactions: 2 people
My Bubble list as of 1/29/17

Virginia Tech
USC
Indiana
Marquette
Iowa State
Arkansas
Kansas State
Michigan State
Clemson
Miami
VCU
Wichita State
Oklahoma State
California
Tennessee
Georgia Tech
---------------------------
TCU
Texas Tech
Utah
Pittsburgh
NC State
Michigan
Seton Hall
Wake Forest
Georgetown
Georgia
Rhode Island
Illinois

Last edited:
Games to watch 1/29/17, bold team is the team we want to lose...

Indiana vs. Northwestern
Boston College vs. Virginia Tech
Louisville vs. NC State
Michigan vs. Michigan State
Wichita State vs. Bradley
Stanford vs. California

Indiana vs. Northwestern
Louisville vs. NC State
Stanford vs. California

Nc State lost, Michigan lost, Wichita State won.

Really need to take this road game against Auburn. Personally I think it will be a tougher game than Miss St away.

Last edited:
Really need to take this road game against Auburn. Personally I think it will be a tougher game than Miss St away.

Auburn away and coming off a 27 point drubbing is much more difficult than MSU away IMO. Pearl factor is an intangible aspect that must be considered too.

If you're gonna split then lose to Auburn, they likely finish with a top 100 RPI, Mississippi State may not so avoiding a bad loss would be in our best interest.

Man it feels good to be able to make one of these threads again, been a few years since it was needed...I'm hopeful these young Vols keep things interesting and provide a reason to keep this thread busy over the next month or more.

I will post all sorts of info in this thread, in the past we've done daily games to watch with impact, links to brackets as they're updated, my own personal bubble list, RPI and KenPom updates and anything else that's relevant to Tennessee's chances of dancing.

Thanks BTO!! I forgot how much fun these were!!! Carry on sir :hi::good!:

Indiana vs. Northwestern
Louisville vs. NC State
Stanford vs. California

Indiana goes down, VT held on against BC

Cal down early to Stanford

Indiana vs. Northwestern
Louisville vs. NC State
Stanford vs. California

Indiana, NC State and Michigan lose...Virginia Tech, Wichita State and California win.

My updated list after today's games...

Virginia Tech
USC
Arkansas
Michigan State
Marquette
Iowa State
Kansas State
Clemson
Miami
VCU
Seton Hall
Georgina Tech
Wichita State
Oklahoma State
California
Tennessee
---------------------------
Indiana
TCU
Texas Tech
Utah
Pittsburgh
NC State
Michigan
Wake Forest
Georgetown
Georgia
Rhode Island
Illinois

Last edited:
Monday's Games to Watch:
(Bold is team we want to win, also listing if it's RPI or Bubble implications)

Texas State vs. Appalachian State-RPI
Lipscombvs. South Carolina Upstate-RPI
Oklahoma State vs. Oklahoma-bubble

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think Alabama needs to be listed. I know the RPI isn't worthy but 6-2 in the SEC
Is a stat that needs to decrease or the RPI is going to take care of itself. We might need to beat them to make it.

4 out of 5 teams that tied the Big Heads were from the SEC East...Auburn the other...so...there's that, and of course, we need to win like six more in a row...hey, it's possible...:)

GO VOLS!

I think Alabama needs to be listed. I know the RPI isn't worthy but 6-2 in the SEC
Is a stat that needs to decrease or the RPI is going to take care of itself. We might need to beat them to make it.

They'd have to go 8-2 over their final 10 to have a good chance...

They've got Arkansas, Kentucky and South Carolina still ahead...they're not eliminated but their margin of error is very small.

They'd have to go 8-2 over their final 10 to have a good chance...

They've got Arkansas, Kentucky and South Carolina still ahead...they're not eliminated but their margin of error is very small.

You don't think 13-5 gets them in?

12-6 would even give them a shot imo.

VN Store

Back