J.P. Prince stranded in Dubai

Just for clarity, they are "stranded" from returning to Iran. They aren't stranded from returning to the USA.

Reactions: 24 people
Yes, I know it sucks they can't play their profession, but for the people that just read the headline, it could be construed that they couldn't return to their home country since they were in Iran. I also imagine they can sue Iran for lost wages.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, I know it sucks they can't play their profession, but for the people that just read the headline, it could be construed that they couldn't return to their home country since they were in Iran. I also imagine they can sue Iran for lost wages.

They aren't even banned from playing their profession. Iran has just banned them from playing it in Iran. Iran's loss as far as I can see. The players were there for their entertainment. I doubt either player would choose to live there on their own terms outside of basketball.

Reactions: 2 people
They aren't even banned from playing their profession. Iran has just banned them from playing it in Iran. Iran's loss as far as I can see. The players were there for their entertainment. I doubt either player would choose to live there on their own terms outside of basketball.

It says they played professionally in Iran, so yes, it appears they are banned from their profession for the time being. From the article "they are out of a job"

Last edited:
It says they played professionally in Iran, so yes, it appears they are banned from their profession for the time being.

So they can go play professionally in Israel, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, India, Australia...

Professional basketball doesn't begin and end in Iran. Being banned from Iran doesn't ban them from playing professional basketball. That is my point.

So they can go play professionally in Israel, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, India, Australia...

Professional basketball doesn't begin and end in Iran. Being banned from Iran doesn't ban them from playing professional basketball. That is my point.

You're obviously right in the sense they aren't banned from playing basketball. They are banned from their professional team where they're employed. Yes, they may be able to get picked up somewhere, but for now, they are out of work.

Reactions: 4 people

no

You imagine incorrectly that they can sue Iran.

Reactions: 1 person
You're obviously right in the sense they aren't banned from playing basketball. They are banned from their professional team where they're employed. Yes, they may be able to get picked up somewhere, but for now, they are out of work.

Well, what I am trying to figure out is of it is why there might be confusion on it being good or bad news? It IS Iran.

Seems dumb to assume that was ever going to last.

It sounds like the worst is they may not get their things back and lose pay for this season. They may get picked up by another league though to finish season so losing their stuff probably the worst of it.

Maybe some may feel they could have done something to help transition back to their country (those trying to come here), but I do not see how people can not agree it is wise to be more careful with those from those places coming here. It is not like they are saying they are not allowed, just want to look more into who they are before giving them a visa.

Sounds like they are banned from entering Iran. That is different than stranded in Dubai.

But whatever.

Being stranded in Dubai is not such a bad thing. They are being denied an opportunity to their earnings. Sadly, more fallout will follow as a result of this nonsense.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back