I May Get Flamed but

gatorhater1509

Eat More Gator
Before Miss St last Saturday (and the only reason I went is because my wife is a Miss St alum) and K St today, I haven't been to TBA since 2005. I couldn't be more proud after the previous 3 wins. This isn't worthy of a thread but I'm so happy for the team right now. Here's to hoping we can keep the wins going and make the NCAAT....

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Winning has a way of bringing long lost fans into the fold. This team is exceeding everyone's expectations and that is great for Tennessee basketball. Go, Vols! PS Welcome to TBA.

Reactions: 4 people
Before Miss St last Saturday (and the only reason I went is because my wife is a Miss St alum) and K St today, I haven't been to TBA since 2005. I couldn't be more proud after the previous 3 wins. This isn't worthy of a thread but I'm so happy for the team right now. Here's to hoping we can keep the wins going and make the NCAAT....

:machgun::machgun::machgun::machgun: I am flaming away. Just kidding. Good post though. :)

Reactions: 1 person
In this day and age, especially with HD and large screen TV's, there's a serious competition for a persons discretionary spending and entertainment dollars. When one stops enjoying the product, it's natural for a fan to turn to other alternatives. My parents were pie in the sky. I'd had tickets since the 80's and spent the last 5 years in the Terrace....then came Kiffin/Dooley. It simply became unenjoyable and I stopped looking forward to the trip. I also looked at how much attending games was costing me vs the entertainment value for my hard earned money. When you add the cost of tickets, travel, room and board, meals, etc...it's a damned expensive weekend and for what? Dooley ball? Nah. I let everything go and got back into golf. Now I take that money and put it into golf travel and vacations. Might return to being a fan in attendance at some point, but for now, I'm just not into UT sports like I once was. One thing is certain, I'm still looking at how the UT admin is running this program and doubt we will get the proper leadership necessary to make the decisions and spend the money to compete for championships anytime soon. We are run like a middle of the pack SEC team and the leadership is dysfunctional IMO. Until I see serious change and results, my money will continue to go elsewhere. So don't feel like you're alone or some terrible fan. UT and the admin has an obligation to provide something in return for the fans investment. It's been a damned one way street for a long time now. And while I'm referring to football, the same is true of all UT sports IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
In this day and age, especially with HD and large screen TV's, there's a serious competition for a persons discretionary spending and entertainment dollars. When one stops enjoying the product, it's natural for a fan to turn to other alternatives. My parents were pie in the sky. I'd had tickets since the 80's and spent the last 5 years in the Terrace....then came Kiffin/Dooley. It simply became unenjoyable and I stopped looking forward to the trip. I also looked at how much attending games was costing me vs the entertainment value for my hard earned money. When you add the cost of tickets, travel, room and board, meals, etc...it's a damned expensive weekend and for what? Dooley ball? Nah. I let everything go and got back into golf. Now I take that money and put it into golf travel and vacations. Might return to being a fan in attendance at some point, but for now, I'm just not into UT sports like I once was. One thing is certain, I'm still looking at how the UT admin is running this program and doubt we will get the proper leadership necessary to make the decisions and spend the money to compete for championships anytime soon. We are run like a middle of the pack SEC team and the leadership is dysfunctional IMO. Until I see serious change and results, my money will continue to go elsewhere. So don't feel like you're alone or some terrible fan. UT and the admin has an obligation to provide something in return for the fans investment. It's been a damned one way street for a long time now. And while I'm referring to football, the same is true of all UT sports IMO.

I have to agree about costs. I have never been able to afford game in game out attendance. (maybe a couple of times a year) BUT, I love everything UT sports. Try to never miss any type game on TV. GO VOLS!!!!
However, as to football, the team effort over the last 10 years or so (til this year) has left me with little desire to attend. If I make the effort, I wish they would. The effort for USC and Vandy this year make me wonder if we are now 100% on desire and effort or are falling into the old was of the recent passed....

The Vols are building a strong resume due to their OOC wins, if they keep wining they may be a bubble team. :good!:

I have to agree about costs. I have never been able to afford game in game out attendance. (maybe a couple of times a year) BUT, I love everything UT sports. Try to never miss any type game on TV. GO VOLS!!!!
However, as to football, the team effort over the last 10 years or so (til this year) has left me with little desire to attend. If I make the effort, I wish they would. The effort for USC and Vandy this year make me wonder if we are now 100% on desire and effort or are falling into the old was of the recent passed....

I live out of state. About a 4 hour drive one way for me so that means I have to make a weekend of it. Folks who rent take full advantage of traveling Vol fans. Adds to the cost....a good bit. If I lived in town or near enough to make it a one day deal, my patience with UT might have been a bit longer, but again, the product needs to justify the cost. UT has simply taken, taken, and taken some more. What fans get for their money isn't worth it...at least in my case. If I'm being honest, I doubt UT gives a damn about how the fans feel anymore. Sure doesn't feel like it.

Reactions: 3 people
I live out of state. About a 4 hour drive one way for me so that means I have to make a weekend of it. Folks who rent take full advantage of traveling Vol fans. Adds to the cost....a good bit. If I lived in town or near enough to make it a one day deal, my patience with UT might have been a bit longer, but again, the product needs to justify the cost. UT has simply taken, taken, and taken some more. What fans get for their money isn't worth it...at least in my case. If I'm being honest, I doubt UT gives a damn about how the fans feel anymore. Sure doesn't feel like it.
Easy there, Cav. Goodness! If I weren't retired...still was having breakfast at my favorite diner and you sat down near to me as I was drinking my first cup of joe and you starting such a crying binge, I swear I'd probably head back to the ranch and go back to bed.

Nasty ol' UT's just out to make you miserable, huh? 'Guess I'm a dummy, then; driving six hours to watch the Vols break the gayduh's streak (The last game I'd attended was Kiffin's UT bunch barely escaping Ohio U.), I should likewise feel like the Vols aren't doing enough to "put out a product that justifies the cost." Maybe it's not such a problem for me to pay the piper for traveling to see a football game...as it's apparently for you (Damn that UT education!), but (1) Good fans support their teams through thick and thin...and there's no discount for games with teams possessing less-than-great expectations and (2) Regarding your statement to the contrary, UT's shelling out a lot more top-tier bucks than you're portending, and I see this program growing incrementally better since Butch has been running it. Have a snack or something. It'll be OK.
:clapping:

Last edited:
before miss st last saturday (and the only reason i went is because my wife is a miss st alum) and k st today, i haven't been to tba since 2005. I couldn't be more proud after the previous 3 wins. This isn't worthy of a thread but i'm so happy for the team right now. Here's to hoping we can keep the wins going and make the ncaat....

Grew up a Vol fan & will ALWAYS support them, regardless. Some things are not to be compromised! ...God, Family & The Big Orange!

Winning has a way of bringing long lost fans into the fold. This team is exceeding everyone's expectations and that is great for Tennessee basketball. Go, Vols! PS Welcome to TBA.

:thud:
Good on you SD! Faith restored.

A lot of time left but go ahead and make it 4 IN A ROW!

Please beat the hell out of my wife's alumni again on the road Saturday!! GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back