After you celebrate, take a deep breath

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
And remember that we are a young young team. We have some talent, and we have some coaching, but it's still a very uphill battle to be on the bubble. We very well may sneak in, but if we do, it will require a SPECTACULAR run. It's unlikely.

But wowwee, 2 Wildcat wins in a row, one being the bball antichrist. GBMFO!!!

Reactions: 19 people
Better to be hopeful for a change than to be down. This team is exciting to watch. Give up 6-8 points in a row and you think well here it comes, but not so much anymore. Love the fight in them.

Reactions: 8 people
Agreed Chris, if Vols finish 17-14 and miss the dance people will be screaming about what a horrendous collapse...not hardly the case. That said, let's keep the momentum going boys, Go Vols!!

Reactions: 3 people
And remember that we are a young young team. We have some talent, and we have some coaching, but it's still a very uphill battle to be on the bubble. We very well may sneak in, but if we do, it will require a SPECTACULAR run. It's unlikely.

Here is a novel idea. Enjoy it while it lasts, support the team as far as they go and don't getting your panties in a bunch because a few breaks might not go your way?

And the next time someone starts a petition? Laugh in their face.

Reactions: 5 people
Agreed Chris, if Vols finish 17-14 and miss the dance people will be screaming about what a horrendous collapse...not hardly the case. That said, let's keep the momentum going boys, Go Vols!!

I don't think many will feel that way. I said before the season an NIT appearance would be a sign of progress. Don't get me wrong, anytime you don't make the tournament, it's a failed season, but at least he's got them headed in the right direction

I was surprised to see at one time Evans, Williams and Schofield. And Williams, Schofield and Alexander on the floor together.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think many will feel that way. I said before the season an NIT appearance would be a sign of progress. Don't get me wrong, anytime you don't make the tournament, it's a failed season, but at least he's got them headed in the right direction

How hard was it for you to type that?

Reactions: 6 people
It's funny how expectations change. My preseason expectation for this team was 12-13 wins. Now, missing the NIT would feel like a disappointment based on the talent and coaching we've seen. The good news is, this is hopefully the floor for this bunch. Losing Hubbs will hurt, but collectively, the rest of the guys can hopefully make up that loss. Still don't know what we have in Jalen Johnson.

Reactions: 1 person
It's funny how expectations change. My preseason expectation for this team was 12-13 wins. Now, missing the NIT would feel like a disappointment based on the talent and coaching we've seen. The good news is, this is hopefully the floor for this bunch. Losing Hubbs will hurt, but collectively, the rest of the guys can hopefully make up that loss. Still don't know what we have in Jalen Johnson.

Supposedly the most talented of the '16 class, of course it seems all coaches say that about a redshirt guy...add in though that combined we missed a full season of Bone/Fulkerson, hard not to think things are looking up and that's without even thinking about Pons.

Supposedly the most talented of the '16 class, of course it seems all coaches say that about a redshirt guy...add in though that combined we missed a full season of Bone/Fulkerson, hard not to think things are looking up and that's without even thinking about Pons.

Anything new on Pons? I'd honestly prefer landing him over Walker.

Here is a novel idea. Enjoy it while it lasts, support the team as far as they go and don't getting your panties in a bunch because a few breaks might not go your way?

Did you forget to take a deep breath?

Not that I've heard, but have to think the winning helps. He loved Barnes record with NBA guys, but program direction was a question compared to say Florida...that sell gets easier with each W.

I agree. The program direction, or at least the perception of it, has to look better now than even when he visited. Seeing wins happen on the court has to only help.

I think you mistook the tone of my post. I ripped my panties off halfway through the first half in excitement. And I've been celebrating our wins all day.

I know what you mean, but the vast majority of the sports world acknowledges our current season as surpassing expectations after being picked to be an SEC bottom feeder. Even though the point of my thread is to temper expectations, the fact that I made it speaks to the level of potential most people see in our team.

I'm not saying we're amazing by any means, but let's not downplay the clear progress we're all seeing. I don't think we make the tourney, and as long as we get to 15-16 wins, I will be satisfied as far as expectations vs. reults go. Right now, it's looking extremely possible to get in the 18-20 area. I doubt anyone was expecting to be thinking about those kinds of numbers a few days ago.

Chris I think its way to early to even talk about the bubble but I hope you're right...yeah...at this point to reach the bubble would take as you say a spectacular run along with a ride to the championship game in conference tourney probably (may be depending on just how spectacular of a ride we go on). But its been fun so far....

Celebrating basketball wins is not like a football win. During the regular season. Now tournament wins are comparable, in my opinion.

I love an over achieving team!!! They are the best! Like our Sugar Bowl Vols beating Miami... they bring the best memories!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back