2045 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Ga Tech win looks real strong now. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #1
wmcovol

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Ga Tech win looks real strong now

GT is 13-8 with wins over unc, fla st and ND.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 04:01 PM   #2
RollerVol

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Vols looking good right now...who knows, go on a run of our own...season's not over with yet...dare I dream...NCAA tournament...

GO VOLS!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
DocVOLiday
VN young gun

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
So does pastner still suck?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #4
Lankykong

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocVOLiday View Post
So does pastner still suck?
I still can't believe his team is doing well. Maybe it really was the talent level in Memphis that was hurting them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #5
ER Vol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcovol View Post
Both UT and Tech are getting hot at the right time. And you're correct, the win over Tech and the win today are huge.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 07:12 PM   #6
Special Ed
Massive Member

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by er vol View Post
both ut and tech are getting hot at the right time. And you're correct, the win over tech and the win today are huge.
Yuge.gif
y-u-g-e
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
Yankee_Vol
This We'll Defend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankykong View Post
I still can't believe his team is doing well. Maybe it really was the talent level in Memphis that was hurting them.
I wouldn't say 13-8 is "well." It's decent.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 08:37 PM   #8
Halph66

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcovol View Post
With a blow out lose to the Vols. GBO
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 08:43 PM   #9
DocVOLiday
VN young gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_Vol View Post
Agreed. I think pastner might still be the same. Decent to good, but not great
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 09:46 PM   #10
orangemadam

Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lankykong View Post
IMO, the problem with Memphis was and still is that they like to play "street ball" and don't take well to structured and disciplined strategy.

Josh is the type that is very disciplined and requires the players to play his style. Memphis didn't take to that style.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #11
VolGee4

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemadam View Post
IMO, the problem with Memphis was and still is that they like to play "street ball" and don't take well to structured and disciplined strategy.

Josh is the type that is very disciplined and requires the players to play his style. Memphis didn't take to that style.

Eh, while Pastner played uptempo, he or his staff weren't the greatest at X's and O's, and they struggled sometimes. It just could be that he has grown as a coach. He did not inherit a great situation at GTech, and that's what makes it more surprising at some of their wins.

I haven't watched many of their games this year, but Tubby knows what he is doing. They are lean this year in talent (other than the Lawson's) and are probably going to win 20 games.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #12
VolGee4

Quote:
I am not sure he beat a top 10 team at Memphis, and I believe he has beaten 3 this month. His record against any ranked teams wasn't very good. But he has found something, and they are hot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-28-2017, 10:20 PM   #13
Lankykong

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_Vol View Post
I feel like that's doing well for a non- UNC/Duke type in the ACC.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-29-2017, 10:00 AM   #14
RollerVol

Ga Tech win looks real strong now Ga Tech win looks real strong now
Quote:
better recruiting territory...

GO VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #15
Roustabout

Partner is young. Still lots of room to grow. Plus, he is now in the ACC and at a University that appeals to a better class of student athlete. Calipari didn't recruit Memphis because he knew the talent was good, but not coachable. Partner should have done the same.
Reply With Quote TOP