In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0

In Manhattan: No meetings

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: UT won, 65-64, in Knoxville, 12/6/14

Rick Barnes vs. Kansas State: 12-11

Rick Barnes vs. Bruce Weber: Weber leads, 4-3

Reactions: 1 person
Among unranked teams in this week’s AP top-25 poll, K-State is the top vote-getter.

Tennessee has ascended to No. 52 in the NCAA’s offcial RPI listing.

According to the Sagarin Ratings, Tennessee’s strength- of-schedule ranks second in the country.

Tennessee’s 1.3 assist/turnover ratio in SEC play ranks second in the conference.

Reactions: 2 people
Give the Vols a three-game win streak, tying for their longest of the season.

Improve UT's record in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge to 2-1.

Give Tennessee a 12-17 all-time record against current members of the Big 12 Conference.

Extend UT's active home win streak against non-conference opponents to six games.

Can you get autographs or pics before game starts? What time should we get there?

Possibly get a few after the game. Sometimes a few players gather around the NW concourse area (close the the entrance near Pratt Pavillion... kind of straight up behind the TN bench and the basket at their end of the court.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven't been to alot of basketball games friend gave us his tickets for today with parking pass. SEC.119 row 12 seems to be great seats...

Could be completely drained coming off a rival game on tuesday.
With no spread to work with, I'd have to take K State.
A win would be very significant though.

They may not come out drained . I see them coming out real confident and coming out with the W .

Kinda feel bad about this one. But hey, low expectations means you aren't disappointed.

Another close one I think. Crowd gonna help out the young vols pull out a W! Somewhere in the 70's. I'll say 77-72

Kansas State is a very good team. They recently beat WVU. Lost to Kansas by 2, Maryland by 1 and Baylor by 9. Despite having 5 losses they are probably the second best team we have played. We can win, but we will have to play very well. Vols by 2!

Kansas State is a very good team. They recently beat WVU. Lost to Kansas by 2, Maryland by 1 and Baylor by 9. Despite having 5 losses they are probably the second best team we have played. We can win, but we will have to play very well. Vols by 2!

No way as of today that I am putting them ahead of UK, UNC, Oregon, South Carolina, or Wisconsin.

I see a lack of focus or playing flat as much more likely than drained...we played Tuesday, not like we played a Thursday night away game.

I see a lack of focus or playing flat as much more likely than drained...we played Tuesday, not like we played a Thursday night away game.
That would equate to drained mentally and emotionally. No?

"Tennessee head coach Rick Barnes is wary of that emotional victory setting the stage for a letdown against a talented and disciplined Kansas State squad."

Last edited:

VN Store

Back