Why no rushing the court?

Johnnyreb#VFL

Work like heck
Marquette beat No 1 Villanova and their fans rushed the court yesterday. I was just wondering why our fans didn't do the same when beating No 4 Kentucky? I get it, act like you've been there, but that was a MAJOR upset. What's the etiquette?

Marquette beat No 1 Villanova and their fans rushed the court yesterday. I was just wondering why our fans didn't do the same when beating No 4 Kentucky? I get it, act like you've been there, but that was a MAJOR upset. What's the etiquette?

There was a lot of security between the students and the court at the end of the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm glad we didn't. Rushing the court is for Vandy.....assuming they can ever actually beat someone.

Reactions: 5 people
If they want to emulate the loser mentality let them. I think we are above it myself.

I get your point. And I'm not advocating that they should have rushed by any means, just curious.
And like above poster mentioned, seeing Bernard King happy and those players jumping up and down on the court was good enough for me!

The man has beat the fans down. No one pushes back anymore.
Side note, glad we didn't Rush the court. No need to give ky the satisfaction.

As it's now a major fine for the university if this happens, they've penned in the student section to a far greater extent than it was before. They used to be right on top of the court with a virtually clear path to it, save for some photographers and cheerleaders and whatnot. Now, there's a giant metal barrier between them and the court, which is set far enough back to create a walkway between the floor and the student section. This allows space for security to get set up in between the students and the floor ahead of time. I'm sure if they really wanted to get on the court, they could still find a way, but it's way harder now, and is almost certainly not worth it for the now pretty standard home beating of Kentucky.

Why would you rush the court if you have beat them the last few times they have come to your arena.

Because our fans are too sophisticated to do such a thing.

Funny_Tennessee_Fans.jpg

Too friggin' old. By the time I got down from row 29, sect111, Kessling and Bert were interviewing Hubbs at the scorers table.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not like Tennessee hasn't won anything in basketball before. Honestly when our fans don't rush the court, it doesn't make us look like losers. Simple as that.

We aren't losers that have never won anything. Rushing the court or field is for loser programs.

You are so right. Fans who rush the court, tear down goal posts, etc. are from loser or mediocre programs. Like the showboaters who simply make a tackle and act like they just did a pick 6 or won the Super Bowl.

VN Store

Back