Honest question? (What a win!)

SeniorDrill

I caught something during the game broadcast last night one of the announcers said that brought up this question? First off, let me say Robert Hubbs was All-SEC against Kentucky.

He said that Robert was only shooting 15% from beyond the arc. The actual stat is 3 of 2O. His opinion was that Hubbs was psyched out from beyond the 3 point line.

Would it be possible that with Rick Barnes tasking him to make 350 NBA 3 pointers every day before the season started that it actually worked in reverse? It's a really strange situation for Hubbs. He is evidently being coached now not to shoot the 3 since he is averaging shooting only 1 a game.

Reactions: 2 people
He scored 25 points against a potential final 4 team and you're questioning his 3 point shooting?

Reactions: 19 people
I would think not, but every person is different. It would be like shooting regular 3s and saying that messed up your ability to shoot free throws.

Had Fulkerson not been injured Hubbs would probably be playing more away from the basket. 20 is a small sample size Mister Data Guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Huh? They won. Move on. If they played like that every night they would win 9 out of 10 games. Jeeez.

Barnes is better than you Donnie, get over it. Oh, and isn't a cheat.

Look what he did for Punter.

Reactions: 14 people
Barnes can coach with the best of them from the bench. He also can develop and improve players (look at Kevin Punter, Robert Hubbs and the surge in Grant Williams improved play since early in the year).

The big question I have about Barnes is will he be motivated to recruit at a high level here while he is here.

Reactions: 3 people
Barnes can coach with the best of them from the bench. He also can develop and improve players (look at Kevin Punter, Robert Hubbs and the surge in Grant Williams improved play since early in the year).

The big question I have about Barnes is will he be motivated to recruit at a high level here while he is here.

I've never heard Barnes be criticized for that before.

I caught something during the game broadcast last night one of the announcers said that brought up this question? First off, let me say Robert Hubbs was All-SEC against Kentucky.

He said that Robert was only shooting 15% from beyond the arc. The actual stat is 3 of 2O. His opinion was that Hubbs was psyched out from beyond the 3 point line.

Would it be possible that with Rick Barnes tasking him to make 350 NBA 3 pointers every day before the season started that it actually worked in reverse? It's a really strange situation for Hubbs. He is evidently being coached now not to shoot the 3 since he is averaging shooting only 1 a game.

Who'd have thought...Barnes' beats Kentucky, Tennessee's first top 5 win since Pearl era, and you come here questioning Barnes on something rather than give credit. I'm shocked I tell ya.

Reactions: 5 people
Not questioning Hubbs. Just wondering if we would have won some of those other games if he was allowed to shoot beyond the arc. Simple concept, no.

Enjoy the win if you're a vol fan. Until Saturday, the time for questioning Barnes is over. The guy could kick a puppy right now and I'd be fine with it.

Reactions: 2 people
Seems like Senior is asking an honest question and half of ya'll just ignore it to bash him for something that it really doesn't seem like he's doing.

Reactions: 8 people
No we have Turner/Phillips/Bowden/Admiral on the perimeter.

Three shots at the perimeter that Robert takes is three away from his fantastic mid range game. Why take it away?

Damn...I thought you disappeared after OUR Vols beat YOUR Mississippi State Bulldogs. Only you would come in here after we just beat #4 UK with some BS thread like this. I know you hate this, but Rick Barnes is now 2-1 vs UK and has protected his house against the best team in the SEC...twice. Do us a favor and never call yourself a UT fan, because you're not. You want Barnes to fail so bad that you root against the team that you say you're a fan of to lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Seems like Senior is asking an honest question and half of ya'll just ignore it to bash him for something that it really doesn't seem like he's doing.

Read through some of his other post and you'd understand and see right through him. All of his post always have a strong agenda to them that is either related to Donald Tyndall, ETSU, or Mississippi State and their "amazing" recruiting class.

The kid is having the best year of his career by a long shot, being a leader of this team, and busting his ass out there. What more do you want?

Who'd have thought...Barnes' beats Kentucky, Tennessee's first top 5 win since Pearl era, and you come here questioning Barnes on something rather than give credit. I'm shocked I tell ya.

Oh come on, it wasn't nearly as impressive as the Raptors 905 victory over the Long Island Nets the other night.

It's amazing that no one even tries to answer the question. No one even questions why he would be tasked with making 350 NBA threes a day and then not shooting them during the season. He is not going to get in the NBA with his mid range game and you guys know that. Why are you afraid to discuss that?

giphy.gif

No we have Turner/Phillips/Bowden/Admiral on the perimeter.

Three shots at the perimeter that Robert takes is three away from his fantastic mid range game. Why take it away?
Because I'm sure Barnes' goal was to get him in the NBA. He ain't gonna get there with that mid range game. That's the point.

VN Store

Back