The Official Tennessee vs. #4 Kentucky Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 10-9 (3-4 SEC)

Mississippi-St-Tennessee-Basketball.jpg

vs.

#4 Kentucky Wildcats: 17-2 (7-0 SEC)

gabriel

JAN. 24 » THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA » KNOXVILLE, TENN. » 9 P.M. ET

Line: UT +10
O/U: 167.5

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 145, XM: 191
Online: WatchESPN

12381306.jpeg

Reactions: 2 people
Overall: Kentucky leads, 152-68

In Knoxville: UK leads, 52-48

In Lexington: UK leads, 89-16

Neutral Sites: UK leads, 11-4

Current Streak: Kentucky has won one

Last Meeting: Kentucky won, 80-70, in Lexington 2/18/16

Rick Barnes vs. Kentucky: 2-3

Rick Barnes vs. John Calipari: 3-3

Tennessee will visit Kentucky on Valentine’s Day, Feb. 14.

This is Tennessee’s sixth game against an AP top-25 opponent this season.

According to the Sagarin Ratings, Tennessee’s strength- of-schedule ranks seventh in the country.

Tennessee’s 13.3 offensive rebounds per game in SEC play rank second in the conference.

Even the Vols' SEC record at .500 (4-4).

Give Tennessee its first victory this season over a ranked opponent (currently 0-5).

Mark the 19th time an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a ranked Kentucky squad.

Give the Vols a two-game win streak against Kentucky in Knoxville.

Find that game they had against Carolina and let the shots fall where they will.

Beat the cats!

I didn't realize that the record in Knoxville was that close. If not for Buzz it would be a lot closer. I don't think that Buzz ever beat KY (I could be mistaken). Wade actually won once or twice.

Tennessee is by far the most competitive opponent that Kentucky has historically in the SEC. No one else is as competitive historically in the conference.

Tennessee is by far the most competitive opponent that Kentucky has historically in the SEC. No one else is as competitive historically in the conference.

The last few Devoe year's until Pearl's arrival is a dark hole in TN basketball history.

There's a reason that TN decided in the late 70s to build a 25,000 seat basketball arena... the largest on-campus basketball only facility in the country. TN used to be a really, really good program.

Reactions: 1 person
A Kentucky farmer, and a Tennessee farmer live beside each other right on the state line, one day the Tennessee farmer called the Kentucky farmer and said "excuse me sir, I believe one of your coon dogs have gotten stuck in one of my traps" the Kentucky farmer says "well,what makes you think its mine?" The Tennessee farmer replied "well, he's chewed off three of his legs, and the poor bastard is still stuck. "

:)

Reactions: 6 people
My first game of this year and first UK game ever. Pumped. GBO.

I still remember Bernard King wreaking havoc on UK in Knoxville many years ago. Nearly came to fisticuffs on the court.

Reactions: 3 people
The last few Devoe year's until Pearl's arrival is a dark hole in TN basketball history.

There's a reason that TN decided in the late 70s to build a 25,000 seat basketball arena... the largest on-campus basketball only facility in the country. TN used to be a really, really good program.

We did go to the tournament 4 straight years with Jerry Green.

His defense has been solid as of late.

I'd like to see Kwe guard him a little with some nagging defense, let him foul him a few times and try to get under his skin.

His athleticism would make up for his height, that's for sure. Would be interesting.

VN Store

Back