Scaredy Cats?

The VOLS are definitely a wild card.

We have played some really good teams tough & tight.

We've also played in some other games that we won't mention.

Anybody else on VN that was in Stokely when the whole place would chant "Sit Joe Sit", whenever Joe B Hall would stand up as KY coach? Sounds corny, but we actually did pretty well against them during that time (if my mind serves me).

p.s. I'm from the Dale Ellis, Willie Burton, Michael Brooks era.

& Dan Federman.

Reactions: 2 people

Anybody else on VN that was in Stokely when the whole place would chant "Sit Joe Sit", whenever Joe B Hall would stand up as KY coach? Sounds corny, but we actually did pretty well against them during that time (if my mind serves me).

& Dan Federman.

I have a much more appropriate chant in mind for tomorrow. It includes Ashley Judd and her nasty ***** cats

Last edited:
I have a much more appropriate chant in mind for tomorrow. It includes Ashley Judd and nasty ***** cats

I just checked. We beat KY at home for the first 6 out of the 7 years I was at UTK!!! 1979-80 thru 1985-86 seasons.

Reactions: 1 person
I just checked. We beat KY at home for the first 6 out of the 7 years I was at UTK!!! 1979-80 thru 1985-86 seasons.

The Stokely Curse was awesome.

Bernard won 5 straight after a UK fan flipped a lit cigarette into his Afro when KY won in Lexington. Bernard said he's never lose to Kentucky again after that night. He didn't.

Devoe kept the wins coming in Knoxville. Dickey killed the two decade long head-to-head parity that TN had going with KY.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow. That's awesome the Vols won that much and that you stayed that long.

So you gonna re-enroll soon? :)

I applied for Student Emeritus............ I got cut off and had to get one of those Job things.

Anybody on here that would like to be still be hanging out at school? 7:50 classes were what we considered TOUGH back then. I can't imagine not having to answer the bell til almost 8 in the morning, at this point in my life.

meanwhile, back to the subject........... "we gon whoop dey ice!"

can I get an AMEN!?!?!

& Dan Federman.

Must have been there when I was (DEC 83 Grad) Actually had Education Psych. with the ones you mentioned. Ellis was a great guy. Actually all of them were. Night class in the communications building. A class to help boost the GPA. Wished they would have had one of the pre-SEC games in Stokely before they tore it down.

I applied for Student Emeritus............ I got cut off and had to get one of those Job things.

Anybody on here that would like to be still be hanging out at school? 7:50 classes were what we considered TOUGH back then. I can't imagine not having to answer the bell til almost 8 in the morning, at this point in my life.

meanwhile, back to the subject........... "we gon whoop dey ice!"

can I get an AMEN!?!?!

AMEN!....and Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man that he didn't already have...:)

GO BIG ORANGE...:pepper::yahoo:

They should be wary! Tennessee upsets Ky all the time, whether we're any good or not! 😂😂😂😂😂🍊🏀‼👍

Anyone remember the game where Allan Houston intentionally missed the free throw at the end of game and Cory Allen tipped it in to beat the Cats? That was my first UK game at TBA. If I remember correctly the Cats were heavily favored in that one. Maybe the Vols can have a night like that tonight.

Anyone remember the game where Allan Houston intentionally missed the free throw at the end of game and Cory Allen tipped it in to beat the Cats? That was my first UK game at TBA. If I remember correctly the Cats were heavily favored in that one. Maybe the Vols can have a night like that tonight.

TN was trailing by three. Houston made the first and intentionally missed the second. Allen tipped in for the tie, was fouled, and made the free throw for the win. It was a 4 point possession as time expired.

TN was trailing by three. Houston made the first and intentionally missed the second. Allen tipped in for the tie, was fouled, and made the free throw for the win. It was a 4 point possession as time expired.

You remember better than I do. Would you happen to know if that game is on YouTube? I would like to see it again to refresh my memory.

You remember better than I do. Would you happen to know if that game is on YouTube? I would like to see it again to refresh my memory.

I don't know about YouTube. It's certainly possible since there are several Devoe era games on there. Saturday Night at Stokely.

Be careful what you wish for! Do you remember what happened two weeks later that year?

VN Store

Back