Lew Evans

I saw one enormous flop that the refs just ignored. 1st half of 2nd half I think.

#45 for MSU had a ridiculous olé type flop trying to draw a charge from Grant Williams at around the 5 minute mark in the 2nd half. He anticipated Williams pounding him and he flew back like he had been electrocuted, except GW never touched him. In fact he went right around him.

9 rebounds today.
How many flops?
Surprised we don't have a Lew chant.

There was a small one in the second half. Kid just works and uses everything he's got. Gonna be a crowd favorite very soon.

Lewwwwwwwwww!

Last edited:
Every team needs a Lew Evans type IMO. He plays really hard. Not very talented and knows it but uses his size, strength, and intelligences all to his advantage. Glad he's here for this one year run.

Don't know what his final FT shooting was but from what I saw about 50/50. No reason not to foul him. Plays hard just like the whole team. Barnes lets them play as he should.

Don't know what his final FT shooting was but from what I saw about 50/50. No reason not to foul him. Plays hard just like the whole team. Barnes lets them play as he should.

Evans' free throw average was just under 80% (21-27) going into the Miss State game. 3-7 versus Miss State, so it's now 71% (24-34).

Last edited:
lol Just heard Lew interviewed on CBS sports radio by some gravelly-voiced dude who thinks Lexington is the home of the Vols.

Lew brings basketball smarts and experience....does the little things.

Alexander needs to go to school on Lew....

VN Store

Back