What the Tennessee BB game meant to NE Tennessee

SeniorDrill

It certainly looks as if the visit to Johnson City to play the Bucs helped season the Vols to being a good road team. That game was good for both teams and I don't think it would have been nearly as meaningful for the Vols had it been played at TB. They needed to win in that environment to help their confidence.
The Bucs also lost a recent home game to UNCG which has now beaten both Chatt and ETSU. The Bucs lost by 4 as UNCG hit 13 of 20 threes. They are still holding at 14-4 and 4-1. It was an important boost to the Vols RPI and post-season hopes.
What I really want to address is how excited the folks here in NE Tennessee were to have the Vols in town. It was good for the home team as tickets that usually go for $7.50 and $12.50 were priced at $25 and $35 and it was a sell out.
I think that a lot of folks who never make the trip to Knoxville may make that trip also just because they either were at the game or watched it on tv. I'm also sure a lot of good young basketball players in this area came out of that game with the idea that I would like to follow John Fulkerson to the University of Tennessee. That has to be a win-win IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Wow, saw a post from SD in the basketball forum and I thought it had to be about the nice win last night against Vandy...who'd have thought he'd come here posting about ETSU??

Reactions: 9 people
waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Nothing really wrong about the post. Maybe just didn't need to be a new thread. Could of easily bumped the ETSU game thread with it. Sometimes I'm a little reticent to post about LMU but tend to do it in the general regular posters thread.

The game at ETSU isnt the reason Tennessee won at Vandy. Tough games against Wisconsin, Oregon, @North Carolina and in Nashville against Gonzaga prepared them for the game at Vandy.

Reactions: 2 people
This aint real. is it!
Someone playin. Hackin?

Had to be those pesky Russians....they like to hack into things using stupid people passwords like "password". Yeah that's it...lets blame it on the Russians...like everyone else does...:good!:

VN Store

Back