The Official Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 8:30 pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 8-8 (1-3 SEC)

4985a4534262450bbe80d984af693ef5.jpg

@

Vanderbilt Commodores 8-8 (2-2 SEC)

636196754980266962-USATSI-9802124.jpg

JAN. 14 » MEMORIAL GYMNASIUM » NASHVILLE, TENN. » 8:30 P.M. ET

Line: UT +5
O/U: 148

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 83, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN

12359866.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Overall: UT leads, 117-74

In Knoxville: UT leads, 70-19

In Nashville: VU leads, 54-39

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 8-1

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: UT won, 67-65, in Nashville (SECT), 3/10/16

Rick Barnes vs. Vanderbilt: 2-2

Rick Barnes vs. Bryce Drew: No meetings

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee’s 117 wins over Vanderbilt are its most over any opponent.

The Vols rank 29th nationally with 306 total free throws made.

This is the second of three Tennessee appearances in Nashville this season. The Vols faced Gonzaga at Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 18 and will return to that venue for the SEC Tournament March 8-12.

Reactions: 1 person
Snap Tennessee’s three-game losing streak (its longest of the season).

Give the Vols three true road wins, tripling last season’s total.

Stand as Tennessee’s rst victory of 2017.

*I chose the pic on purpose. It's how I feel the season is going.

Haven't seen Vandy play much if at all this season. Just heard from various outlets they've been playing pretty well lately. It'd be nice to put a stop to that tomorrow night.

Tennessee’s 117 wins over Vanderbilt are its most over any opponent.

The Vols rank 29th nationally with 306 total free throws made.

This is the second of three Tennessee appearances in Nashville this season. The Vols faced Gonzaga at Bridgestone Arena on Dec. 18 and will return to that venue for the SEC Tournament March 8-12.

...:crossfingers:

GO BIG ORANGE!

Haven't seen Vandy play much if at all this season. Just heard from various outlets they've been playing pretty well lately. It'd be nice to put a stop to that tomorrow night.

played Kentucky tough...no pushover...and,

GO VOLS!

Gonna be a tough one. As long as we execute, and don't beat ourselves I wouldn't be too beaten down over a loss. I wouldn't bet against the big orange, that's for sure

Vols 76
Vandy 70

Fisher-Davis makes 3x 3s per game and averages 17. He's 6'5"... I suppose that Hubbs draws the assignment, possibly Bowden.

7' senior Luke Kornett is their #2 offensive threat... 13 PPG. Time for Alexander to have a great defensive game.

6'6" Junior Jeff Robertson is 3rd at 10 PPG and averages over 7 rebounds. Maybe this is the Hubbs assignment since he's a rebounder. Maybe Schofield.

LaChance and Willis throw in 17 PPG and generate 7 assists.

Last edited:
I may have missed it but is there an update on Phillips knee injury ?

He's Probable for Vanderbilt. He returned to the game versus USCe. I haven't watched the DVR, but I thought after seeing the replay at the TBA he had knocked knees with somebody.

Fisher-Davis makes 3x 3s per game and averages 17. He's 6'5"... I suppose that Hubbs draws the assignment, possibly Bowden.

7' senior Luke Kornett is their #2 offensive threat... 13 PPG. Time for Alexander to have a great defensive game.

6'6" Junior Jeff Robertson is 3rd at 10 PPG and averages over 7 rebounds. Maybe this is the Hubbs assignment since he's a rebounder. Maybe Schofield.

LaChance and Willis throw in 17 PPG and generate 7 assists.

I'd assign Williams to Robertson personally, shembari if he can play on lachance,if not put Parker on him.

I'd assign Williams to Robertson personally, shembari if he can play on lachance,if not put Parker on him.

Probably right on Williams. Question is can Alexander play for more than 10 minutes. If not I guess Evans draws the 7 footer. It'd would help to get some quick fouls on that guy.

Maybe it's a good game to dust off a zone defense.

I don't think we match up well at all with Vandy.

Anyone know how many min. Alexander played last game and how many turnovers he had? He looks so awkward in fast tempo play.

VN Store

Back