Schofield bounces back from 'rock bottom'

kamoshika

"When you deal with young players and young people in general, sometimes they have to hit rock bottom before they can bounce back," Vols coach Rick Barnes said Monday. "I think Admiral pretty much hit rock bottom, but he just wanted to do — and he said it in front of the team the other day — he said, 'All I want to do, I don't care if I play one minute or 10 minutes or 20 minutes, I just want to do what I can do to help us win.' His actions spoke just like what he said.

"In the last week he's had his best three or four days of practice back-to-back since he's been here. I think it's a real compliment to him that he worked his way back. He had to do it, and he did it. Shembari's going to have to do the same thing."

Vols' Admiral Schofield bounces back from 'rock bottom' | Times Free Press

Reactions: 4 people
I feel for these kids...love to watch them and how they go all out...just not enough size and bench to go all out each game throughout the season...GOD bless them all...lot of fight in that dog...and, as always...:salute:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Me too. Kid could lead us in scoring if so inclined. Shoots the three extremely well.

Say what you want about Barnes, but he makes sure the players know he's running the show and gets their full potential out of them and if they don't want to put in the effort, then the door is that way ------->

Question - with today's AAU developed players, can a coach recruit and keep top ranked talent or will he have to continually find borderline guys who are willing to be coached hard? Highly talented recruits haven't typically had to work that hard as their innate talents made many of them successful at the HS level. Most have probably been coddled by coaches along their journey also?

Question - with today's AAU developed players, can a coach recruit and keep top ranked talent or will he have to continually find borderline guys who are willing to be coached hard? Highly talented recruits haven't typically had to work that hard as their innate talents made many of them successful at the HS level. Most have probably been coddled by coaches along their journey also?
I think Barnes is pretty much over the prima donna player. Can't blame him. If he can find a couple of pieces for next year in a true big, and a SF, he has a legit tourney team. He has some real potential at guard.

VN Store

Back