The Official Tennessee @ #24 Florida Game Thread, 5:15 pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 8-6 (1-1 SEC)

11671253-600x670.jpeg

@

#24 Florida Gators: 11-3 (2-0 SEC)

USATSI_9786865-1024x682.jpg

JAN. 7 » EXACTECH ARENA AT STEPHEN C. O’CONNELL CENTER » GAINESVILLE, FLA. » 5:20 P.M.

Line: UT +12
O/U: 146.5

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 119, XM: 191
Online: WatchESPN

12346179.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
Overall: UT leads, 73-56

In Knoxville: UT leads, 45-16

In Gainesville: UF leads, 34-25

Neutral Sites: Series tied, 4-4

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 83-69, in Knoxville, 1/6/2016

Barnes vs. Florida: 1-0

Barnes vs. White: Barnes leads,
1-0

Reactions: 2 people
Saturday’s showdown is just the third game in the newly
renovated Exactech Arena at Stephen C. O’Connell Center.

The Vols boast the league’s second-best assist/turnover ratio during SEC play (1.7).

Freshman Grant Williams is averaging 13.5 points, 8.0
rebounds and 4.0 blocks through two SEC games.

Florida is the fifth AP top-25 opponent the Vols have faced.

Mark the ninth time an unranked Tennessee team has beaten a Florida squad ranked in the AP top 25. The last such win was a 64-58 triumph over the eighth-ranked Gators on Feb. 26, 2013, in Knoxville.

Stand as Rick Barnes’ 96th career head coaching victory
over an AP top-25 opponent.

Give the Vols their first win over a ranked opponent this season.

Reactions: 2 people
It's going to be a tough game for this young team. Hopefully Hubbs and the young guards show up to play. I know Grant Williams will show up and play his game

Reactions: 1 person
was waiting for this thread -- I hope the Vols beat these bastardos bad

I think this team plays better on the road, I'm not gonna predict a win, but I think we have another head turning performance.

We desperately need to finish a game against a quality opponent. Really hope we can finally pull it off against Florida.

who knows...we get some balls bouncing the right way and some threes dropping...anything can happen, and I know these boys will be giving their all...should be crazy...:)...:yahoo:

GO BIG ORANGE!

TN needs to put the Berry kid on the foul line once. I want to see the underhand free throw. Only one time though, he makes 85%... not quite his Dad's average.

TN needs to put the Berry kid on the foul line once. I want to see the underhand free throw. Only one time though, he makes 85%... not quite his Dad's average.

Even looks like the little white kid in Hoosiers.
Watch him have his best game against us.

Go Vols!!!
A win today could go a long way to at least putting us in the NIT and maybe beyond. It will take a great effort by every player.

Saturday’s showdown is just the third game in the newly
renovated Exactech Arena at Stephen C. O’Connell Center.

The Vols boast the league’s second-best assist/turnover ratio during SEC play (1.7).

Freshman Grant Williams is averaging 13.5 points, 8.0
rebounds and 4.0 blocks through two SEC games.

Florida is the fifth AP top-25 opponent the Vols have faced.
That's mostlyl Turner, yet many of us shudder every time he comes down the floor with the ball.
I guess it's because his few turnovers come at such drive killing times. 38/23 best on team.

Thought from the record that we should be big favorites, but you guys have played a really tough schedule. Barnes has brought you back already. Congrats. I gather that the old home and home for division is out the window. We only play once.

Thought from the record that we should be big favorites, but you guys have played a really tough schedule. Barnes has brought you back already. Congrats. I gather that the old home and home for division is out the window. We only play once.

Wish they'd go back to divisions for roundball. If the aim was to junk east-west in order to get more NCAAT bids...well, they missed the mark with that one.

Y'all are favored by 12, that's a decent spread.

That's mostlyl Turner, yet many of us shudder every time he comes down the floor with the ball.
I guess it's because his few turnovers come at such drive killing times. 38/23 best on team.
That flack is undeserved. He is technically a 3* sophomore playing his first year. Yeah, that NC turnover was awful, but despite that, Turner has been playing good.

VN Store

Back