why do some teams where Nike swoosh vs some teams where Nike Air Jordan?

Otis07

just curious.......If Tennessee wanted to wear uniforms with the Jordan trademark, Could they? Or are they limited to the swoosh only.......

just curious.......If Tennessee wanted to wear uniforms with the Jordan trademark, Could they? Or are they limited to the swoosh only.......

The jumpman logo and the Jordan brand is a subsidiary company of Nike (the parent company). So while Nike owns them, the Jordan brand still has their own deals/contracts in place with different organizations that are separate from Nike contracts.

In short, while Nike owns the Jordan brand, they are not interchangeable. That's why we have a swoosh and Michigan has the jumpman logo. If Michigan wanted to wear a swoosh they would have to get out of their current Jordan contracts and vice versa for us.

Reactions: 1 person
I also believe the Jumpman logo is very exclusive. North Carolina, Michigan, and that may be it. Michigan is the first to use it with football.

Wearing Jordan logo is a Jim Harblow thing. Jordan is thought to have the heart of a champion.

Last edited:
I think it's strange that the Michigan football team wears the logo of a basketball player on their unis. It just doesn't look right to me.

VN Store

Back