The Official Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 8-5 (1-0 SEC)

636186438744951540-201612.29-jrs-at5-076.JPG

vs.

Arkansas Razorbacks: 11-2 (0-1 SEC)

UA_BKC_FLORIDA_018_2_r600x400.JPG

JAN. 3 » THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA » KNOXVILLE, TENN. » 6:31 P.M. ET

Line: UT -2
O/U: 155.5

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 145, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN

12340889.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
Overall: Tennessee leads, 19-18

In Knoxville: UT leads, 11-3

In Fayetteville: ARK leads, 9-4

Neutral Sites: ARK leads, 6-4

Current Streak: Arkansas has won four straight

Last Meeting: Arkansas won, 75-65, in Knoxville 2/27/16

Barnes vs. Arkansas: 3-3

Barnes vs. Anderson: 2-5

Reactions: 4 people
It has been nearly three weeks (18 days) since Tennessee last played a home game.

The Volunteers’ bench is providing an average of 30.7 points per game this season.

Sixth man Detrick Mostella is averaging 18.3 points over UT’s last three games.

The Vols rank 35th nationally in blocks with 5.4 per game (while ranking 297th in KenPom’s average height index).

Reactions: 2 people
Give the Volunteers a three-game win streak, tying for their longest of the season.

Make the Vols 2-0 in SEC play for the first time since 2010, when they started out 3-0.

Snap Arkansas' four-game win streak in this series.

Push Tennessee's record to 12-3 all-time when hosting the Razorbacks in Knoxville.

Free admission to the game tomorrow if you bring 2 canned foods, seats in the 300 level sections. See the UT ticket site for details. Attendance has been embarrassing, this promotion leaves no excuse if you live anywhere near Knoxville. This team absolutely deserves support in its arena!

Reactions: 6 people
Huge opportunity here for the Vols, bring that same intensity and focus they brought to A&M and they could definitely get another W

UT needs to stop the Arkansas fast break opportunities and stay even on the glass while limiting turnovers to win tonight.

The key is keeping up our defensive intensity. According to a story in the KNS Bone only got 8 minutes of PT because he failed to stop a aTm guard on a fastbreak dunk. "I don't care if you haven't played in 16 years, you have to stop the ball," Barnes said. So everybody is accountable, that's for sure.

Ok so this is a big game in terms of keeping momentum and positive things going. Young team needs to show they can play with consistency, and if they can it will be huge. A team capable of beating a good A&M team handily on the road should be able to beat 75-80% of the other teams in the SEC. That is if a young team can stay focused and locked in game to game. I think it will be an 85-80 Tennessee win tonight.

9-5(2-0) is as good of a start as we all could have hoped for coming into the season. Hopefully it happens. Guys just think how close we are to being a 10-3 team right now with wins over Oregon and North Carolina. I think we can get on a roll and possibly make the NIT or even be a bubble team. This IS a good team. It's not just luck or anything like that. This IS a GOOD young team, and we have a lot to look forward to!

I hope more of my brethren (and sisteren?) join me at TBA tonight. These players and this staff deserve the same support Bruce and Cuonzo's teams got, if not more. And that goes double for the students when they come back from the break.

Play like they did at A&M and they could beat anyone except UK.

Uk isn't really that good. They have one or two players that can hurt you, but they really aren't that good defensively. Play like we did against unc and a&m,and we can keep both games close,IMO.

Does anyone know where I could listen to the game on the radio in Nashville? They have been on 104.5 FM in the past, but the last few games haven't been.

I'm not sure. I know they've played a weak non conference schedule compared to UT. I guess Texas is their best win

Probably Houston or UT-Arlington who beat Texas. Don't know how Texas is so bad but they are bad.

We're a very balanced scoring team. Anyone could go for 15+ on a given night and there isn't much drop off to our bench. Daryl Macon has been our best player thus far coming from JUCO and him and Hannahs make a nice scoring duo. We shoot free throws extremely well.

On the negative side we don't defend the three well at all and if Kingsley is off (which he has been on the offensive end most of the year) we don't have much of an inside game. Florida out-athleted us several times on dunks and putbacks too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
WGFX might be carrying the Lady Vols when they play at the same time. There are lots of options over the internet. Maybe one of the small towns in this list is near you. Franklin? Manchester? Winchester? Clarksville?

University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site - University of Tennessee

Thanks, I will try the Franklin one. The Titans radio show has been on instead of the UT bball games here recently on 104.5 so I'm hoping it'll go back to Vols hoops now that the Titans season is over

VN Store

Back